Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who will your support people be?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm trying to decide who I will pick as my support people for labor and delivery. At our hospital we get to have three that will be able to come and go as they please.  My DF is is deffinatly going to be one, my mom will be another.  I'm not sure if its appropriate to have my dad as one or if I should ask my sister in law (who I am vry close with).  I don't want my dad to feel left out but I know I'm going to be in a somewhat comprimised position....any thoughts??? What is everyone else doing?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:04 PM
i am having my hubby and his best friend. Here we are allowed 2 people. Hubbys friend has been thru a lot with us and is an honorary uncle so it just makes sense to invite him. The only thing I told him is that he has to stay up top...no peeking at the action LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flyfree55
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:29 PM

my bf, the cnm i work w who is my cnm yay, and thats all  i can have 3 but ill know all nurses that ll be in and out and i know all the baby nurses as i am training to be one there

audreyr526
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I'm going to have my hubby, and my dad (I lost my mom 2 years ago), and depending on how many more, I need another person for pictures, so probably my cousin who is the Godmother, or my one sister who has been like my mother figure, or my MIL.. one of those 3

Caitlin1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:34 PM

My fiance, my mom and my sister (if she makes it here on time from CA).

06NavyWife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Just my Mom since my hubby is deployed and the rest of my family is across the country. Fingers crossed that my Mom gets here before the baby comes or else I'll be alone.

bigmamatrevino
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:36 PM

just my husband, he has been the only one in the room for our other children as well.

kuriequinn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I am only having hubby!  I am tooo squeamish to have anyone else.

bigmamatrevino
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM

same predictiment here to, my mom has to fly in, in time too, so my husband can be in the room, we live 12 hour from any family and we have 2 other kids, if she doesnt get here in time then my hubby will have to stay with our other children, last time my mom flew in when i was in the hosptial and had to take a taxi to the hospital and got here just in time like with in an hour or two, so hubby was able to be there with me.

Quoting 06NavyWife:

Just my Mom since my hubby is deployed and the rest of my family is across the country. Fingers crossed that my Mom gets here before the baby comes or else I'll be alone.

Silverkitty
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I have no idea.  Only person I have here is my hubby.   My mom isn't expecting me to go in to labor until October when my due date is in Sept, so she said once I go in to labor to call her.  Well I have a good chance of having the kid before she gets here, 2 states away.   I don't have any close friends here.  So my daughter if she is allowed to be there?

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM

With my kids I had SO, my mom, and my Memere. With #3 I will be going to a birthing center and anyone that wants to come is welcome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)