Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when and what?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

When is it a good time to pack your hospital bag?

I am almost 32 weeks pregnant, (but the dr thinks i could go at anytime because of complications)... is it to early or would it be stupid for me to go ahead and pack one?

and what in the world do i put in it? I know clothes for me and the baby, toothbrush/paste, shampoo and such, his baby book, but that will be put in there last... help! :) thanks!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I think its a good idea to start..  I dont think (once you get into tri 3) that there is a too early.. 

Kam06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I would pack as soon as possible and put it in the car. When I was 35weeks I packed my bag but left it in my room. The next day we were out and about and I went into labor....so I had to send my mom to the house to get my bag.

Pack

camera

batteries or charger for camera

makeup-if you wear it

brush/comb

shamp/cond

lotion

going home outfit for you and baby (I packed one newborn and one 0-3months, and we had to go out and buy premie clothes for her)

Magazine or book

music/ipod/cd player

blanket for baby

deodorant

tooth brush/paste

glasses/contacts

lipbalm

hair bands to put ur hair up if its long

nightgown/socks/slippers-hospitals do carry these tho

pillow

nursing bra or reg bra

nipple cream if you plan on breastfeeding

HTH

mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

I cant think of anything else that you might want in your bag right now.. 

saabgirl88
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I would pack one but all three of mine were high risk and I went into labor with all of mine between 17 and 20 weeks.  All though I am happy to report my first was a 38 weeker (induced due to HELLP) a 34 weeker (on hospital bed rest and his heart flat lined, there for another induction) and a 39 weeker (set for induction due to GD but came on her own) only 2 of them i was on stricked bed or hospital bed rest and medications.  Any how long story short....I had my packed by 20 weeks just from all the contractions.  So I say it won't hurt to be prepared!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I pack snack your choice hubby

gum

book or laptop or game

HisMommaNikki
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

thanks ladies.
i'm thinking of also washing the all the clothes i already have for him now, even though we havent had a baby shower yet! :)

btw, ya'll are awesome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)