Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he felt her move at 19 weeks!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

I obviously have been feeling the baby move for weeks!

Last night after sex, when my uterus was rock hard, I laid my hand over my stomach to massage it, it helps lesson the contraction-type feelings and makes it relax a little. (well, in my head anyways, I don't know if it really makes a difference or not! LOL)

The baby was kicking like crazy, she REALLY doesn't like when she's squished.

I felt it ripple underneath my hand and it shocked me, at 19 weeks, I was hoping i'd feel her on the outside early, but I was thinking it would be 21-24ish weeks...

I grabbed his hand and put it over my belly on the corner of my uterus where she was kicking and trying to stretch it out.

His first response was "It feels like gas bubbles kind of, is that what I am trying to feel?"

I told him - "Keep your hand there and keep feeling, its like ripples! They should be right under your finger tips..."

After a few more minutes he replies "that feels really weird."

I am so excited, he actually was able to feel her on the outside of my tummy at 19 weeks pregnant! she's got some strong legs!

I am still excited about it today, we are almost to the 5 month/half way mark (20 weeks!) and he got to feel his daughter moving and kicking before half way through the pregnancy, I think that is just totally amazing.

I've had him put his hand on my belly a few times a week since I started feeling the baby move at 9-10 weeks pregnant. (yep, I was feeling her REALLY early.)

I think he was more surprised that he actually felt the ripples under his finger tips then expecting to feel something. LOL

I know as she gets bigger, it will be easier to tell the difference between her hands and her feet, but I am just over the moon with joy that he could feel her last night for the first time.

I don't know if it was as neat and exciting for him as it is for me, but I am going to pretend in my head it was. ;)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM
I'm so glad that your DH got to feel the baby! Yay! so exciting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elijahsmom800
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM
I am so glad you posted this. I have been feeling mine since 10 wks. I am almost 12 weeks no but my mother thinks I'm crazy and that I'm dreaming it up. (This isn't my first baby so I know what gas feels like.) I'm so excited for you and your dh getting to feel it together :D I can't wait till my hubby feels it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:10 PM

That's awesome!!

MommyClark9620
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM
My DH felt our gummi bear last night too! I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.. But the baby was kicking and I told DH to watch my belly, & it would kick, well.. It did, so je then put his hand there and the baby kicked him! It was amazing! I love it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM

When I told my midwife how soon I started feeling the baby she send me for a second dating ultra sound to confirm my dates because it was so abnormal that I could feel our daughter that early. LOL

until she told me that, I just assumed it was normal. :O

Quoting Elijahsmom800:

I am so glad you posted this. I have been feeling mine since 10 wks. I am almost 12 weeks no but my mother thinks I'm crazy and that I'm dreaming it up. (This isn't my first baby so I know what gas feels like.) I'm so excited for you and your dh getting to feel it together :D I can't wait till my hubby feels it.

Chia_Rupp
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:13 PM

awwwww thats so cute!!!! i always find it sweet when you can lay there with your man and feel the baby move together

Jake had his head resting on my belly yesterday and swore he felt either a hand or a foot! i told him shes practicing smacking him (she loves to kick and move when his heads on my belly lol)

but congrats on feeling it early!!!! hehe!

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM
Yay.I will be 2 wks next Sunday and I can feel my little one move all the time but hubby has yet to feel it.At least I hope he will be able to soon!so glad that you got to feel from the outside!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM
20 wks sorry stupid blackberry

Quoting MommyToBeOfTwo:

Yay.I will be 2 wks next Sunday and I can feel my little one move all the time but hubby has yet to feel it.At least I hope he will be able to soon!so glad that you got to feel from the outside!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)