Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breast milk?!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
How soon after birth did yours come in? I probably should know this since i've bf 3 kids already but I really don't remember lol. I'm finishing up my hospital bag and i'm not sure if I should bring breast pads. Will I really need them that soon? Have any of u needed them while still in the hospital?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM

The day after my first was born, and a couple hours within my second being born. I did bring breast pads but I don't remember if I used them or not.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:25 PM

eh its different for eveyone and every birth, so I'd toss them in just in case:)

Mariac21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:27 PM

With my first one it took about three days. Maybe just bring them just in case.

LavenderMom23
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I'm 36 weeks and leaking colostrum, so I'm already wearing mine. At our BF class they said if you nurse in the first hour after delivery and then exclusively BF then your milk should come in the next day! Otherwise it can take two to three days for milk. You already have colostrum in your breasts if you are late third trimester. You could start a leak anytime.

Pack them.

rileysmommy229
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM

my milk came in after 2 days with both my babies...they gave me breast pads at the hospital bc i wanted to use the lanolin cream but didnt want it on my bra :)

ForeverInLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM
My milk came in three days after my son was born. My colustrom was in about 5 months of preg though.
Right now I'm pregs with 2nd and my colustrom has been in since I was about 20 weeks.
Milk usually desn't come in for anywhere around 48-92 hours after birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

mine was gradually. but it was like... three full days or so.. :) and if you're bfing, i don't think you'll need breast pads. you tend to feed a lot, so breasts don't have too much time to get engored. lol! but i would take a couple as a JUST IN CASE type deal. don't wear and waste em until you actually NEED them. :)

MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

oh, and i didn't get to nurse him until he was a few days old. he was in the nicu. so i was pumping. that could have affected my supply in the beginning. now he's bfing and eating solids! :) he was ebf from two weeks old (when he came home) to about four months.

amy31308
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I used them while I was in the hospital.. but I don't think I needed them.. my milk came in around day 3-4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)