Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some great ways or workouts to lose post baby weight??

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

I know after pregnancy everyone has that lil 'jelly belly'  after they have their baby. Has anyone ever lost that and actually got their flat tummy or pre baby belly back?? My belly was never absolutely flat..I always had a lil pouch. BUT I have always been a size 1 or size 3.... and would like to be able to get back to that afterwards. But would have no idea how. I know you have to wait the 6-8wks to start working out.And you cant diet when youre BFing..which ill be doing.

So does anyone have any ideas???

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Hellena &hearts; Jeramey < Married on 4/10/10, Together since 5/1/06 >

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flyfree55
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:01 PM

i do parkour so i run 3 days a week around 2 miles and weight lift 4 times a week im 3 months pp and almost down to my size 0 self woo...well was now im pregnant again lol but that was working great

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I did pilates to tone the muscle underneath the maternal fat stores. My body holds on to them for 1 year so it doesn't matter how much I diet or exercise, the jelly belly sticks around for about 10-12 months post partum. But then the extra just falls right off in a matter of weeks and if I've been doing my pilates, it reveals some night tight muscle and flat stomach underneath it all. :-)

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Who says you can't diet while BFing?  You just need to make sure that you eat at least 1200 calories and drink plenty of fluids to have adequate supply, your body will give it to baby and you will  lose weight.  Walking is the best at first because we have no idea how out of shape we get while pregnant, you can do light weight lifting with barbells, exercise videos, take a mommy baby pilates or yoga class, you name it you can do it really, just listen to your body though so you don't hurt yourself.  The tummy muscles are vulnerable to injury so take it easy with them.

hellenak
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM

ive heard ppl say you cant diet...so then obviously i didnt wanna diet you know?  but its good to nkow you can... just healthy.

i want the best for the baby... hes my lil man! im so excited to meet him.... but im ready to get my body back you know?? i know it can take 9-12 months to get your body back. they say how long it took to gain it can take the same time to lose it.

i found pics my hubby had of me from yrs ago and i was so thin and in shape... and i think yup wont look like that again!!! i just want my hubby to still be attracted to me afterwards. and i want to feel good about myself. 

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM
I counted calories, ate textbook sized portions and did Tae Bo 5 days a week. 4 months later I had lost damn near 60 pounds :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexy_momma2885
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM

BREASTFEED... omg it helped so much! I weighed 155lb before baby and end of baby i weighed 192.... 38lbs but i have succesfully lost 43lbs in the last 5 months since my lil girl was born... and have barely worked out... and i eat... when u breast feed you kinda dont gain weight bc of all the calories breast feeding burns... 1000 cal by the way... it helps... plus makes ur baby nice and healthy./...

hellenak
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM

if you lost the weight.. did your skin go back or does everone still have the wrinkly skin around the belly button... or just the excessive skin and so on??

sexy_momma2885
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM

actually no. bc after the baby like literally 1 hour after the baby was born i put on a gurtle. to suck my belly back in and so that the access skin doesnt hang and instead goes back to its place... its hard to keep on but it helps alot... trust me...

Quoting hellenak:

if you lost the weight.. did your skin go back or does everone still have the wrinkly skin around the belly button... or just the excessive skin and so on??

Happy with my navy man!!navy

CurryCurry
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM

BFing by itself is a diet. I ate tons of ice cream and really fatty cheese and still lost my baby weight in a couple of months.

In addition, get yourself a nice jogging stroller (BOB revolution with carseat insert). Initially, you can only walk but once they gain head control, off you run :-)

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Mine did, but my weight loss was relatively slow.

Quoting hellenak:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)