Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you going back to work after baby?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I work part time right now (3 full days a week) and I enjoy it. It gets me out of the house and around adults but not so much that my kids are in daycare 24/7. My mom watches my daughter and my son goes to preschool, that is not free. But with baby #3 on the way I am not sure what I am going to be doing. I would like to continue working because for one, we need the money and two because I don't have the patience to be a stay at home mom to 3 kids, especially 3 kids under 4 years old. We can't afford for DS to stay in preschool if I do not work. DH will hopefully get a promotion by the beginning of the year that will probably allow me to not work and for us to be okay financially but I don't know that for sure, or if he will get it by then so obviously I can't plan on that. I just don't know what to do. I would love for things to be the way they are now but I would feel really bad asking my mom watch my 1 year old and newborn all day 3 days a week. But I don't think we will be able to afford daycare for my daughter and son, even with me working. So I am lost at the moment, I have no idea what we are going to do after this baby is born and I only have 4 months to figure it out. Another decision I have to think of is that my boss is probably going to be retiring next August so if I return to work it will be January or February and then I will probably be out of a job in August. So yeah I have lots to figure out between now and then.

I was just curious what everyone else plans to do.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM
DS will be 21 months when ds2 is born!:) I'm still going to work but going to find a better job. Going to let myself heal and before my 6 weeks up I hope to have another job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Actually I thought I was going to have to go back to work but it didn't turn out that way. My SO just got promoted about 2 weeks ago. So now he makes plenty that I can stay home with our babies and play with the new one. I love being a stay at home mom and now I have time to do more fun things with the kids and get house work done.

Mommaof32010
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM
I quit my job a week and a half before my oldest (who turn 4 in November) was bor and haven't had a "real" job since. I currently work as an Educational Consultant for discovery toys and sell mark. makeup on the side. Next summer, I'm hoping to go off to massage school, and have at least a part time massage job by next winter (baby will be almost 2 and the older two will be in pre-school). I'll also be going to school online to become a licenced therapist...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM
I am not sure!
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:01 PM

BUMP!

montanacat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:07 PM

i am, at this exact moment SCROUNGING to find a different job so i don't have to go back to my current one...maternity leave ends on jul 29!!
i work retail, and my bosses are ASSES who have always taken advantage of my being the only woman in the store....but while i've been out on leave, they changed my schedule so that i will have to work EVERY weekend, and not get off until after 7pm...oh, did i mention, i'm also the only one with KIDS?! the way this is shaping up, i may as well get a divorce and put my kids up for adoption, cuz i'll never see my family again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)