Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you think your husband/SO is going to handle with you being in labor?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

How do you think your husband/SO is going to handle with you being in labor?  Do you think he will be good labor support?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Awesome as he was with the other 3!!! He was great and neverforgets my ice chips!!:)

sissychristi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM

I didn't think mine would be a very good coach. He kind of took the whole thing like a joke while we were in birth class and never talked about it seriously with me before labor.

But he stepped up his game and was right there doing everything right...and I'm not an easy person to please while in pain. He was perfect through labor and post-partum.

Caitlin1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

I'm very curious to find out. I'm sure he'll be great though.

jridgill
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:40 PM

He is the type to want to rush right up to the hospital. I plan on waiting until I HAVE to go. At the hospital he is GREAT!

angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM

i'm hoping he'll be great! he has been in our birthing classes so let's keep our fingers crossed! lol

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I hope he will be great too!!  :)

Quoting angela.bouchard:

i'm hoping he'll be great! he has been in our birthing classes so let's keep our fingers crossed! lol

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Good man to never forget those ice chips.  ;)

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

Awesome as he was with the other 3!!! He was great and neverforgets my ice chips!!:)

JEM86
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM

he was great!

amanda.garth
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I think he'll faint! Not even kidding :) He is such a wimp about anything medical.  I'll be lucky if he stays in the room :(

BabyName Ticker
OhMyLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I wonder how my SO is going to be... He is so overprotective and he gets angry(!!!!)/hostile about anything that causes me pain. I've never been in a situation where he really had to step up. Then again, when I am just fatigued or nauseated he will do anything for me. So it could go either way...I'm just worried he'll be hostile towards the dr or nurses. I'll have him go to the lamaze classes with me and I'll sit down and talk to him about how I'd like it to go and watch birth shows with him so he sees what goes on so he won't be overwhelmed by it. And of course me too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)