Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I share custody of my daughter and idk what to do when I have this baby..

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

My due date is technically the day after I pick her up from her dad.. I was thinking of being induced the week she is with him so that hubby would be able to be in the room with me when I have our son b/c its a big deal to him since he's deploying in Nov. for 6 months... But now I'm thinking I want her here so she can see her little brother after he's born, and it would be a special thing for me... Problem is.. Hubby doesn't want to let my mom stay with us before the baby is born b/c he'll feel uncomfortable around her.. SOOOO if I go into labor in the middle of the night, who stays with my girl?? He does.. How do I get to the hospital?? We wake up my sleeping 2 yr old and drag her to the hospital with us... So what should I do?? Just go with my induction plan?? Or talk to hubby and see what he says?? B/c if we do it while she's here, he'll have to sit with her while I have the baby and he won't be there.. Which he says is a big deal for him and means a lot.. I need opinions or experiences lol.. Idk what to do..

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CaseyR808
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM

BUMP!

Trenee79
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

HillaryRenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:00 PM

You don't have anyone willing to watch her while you're in the hospital? If your mom is the only option you have then he needs to decide if being in the room is more important than feeling "uncomfortable" around your mom. I personally wouldn't induce... but that is all up to you.

lfrrll5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I would get induced early. This will give you and your husband time with the baby before she comes home. She will have her whole life to spend with him. I have had both the dad not there and the dad there and I was much happier with dad there. I would hate for him to miss that opportunity.

CaseyR808
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I didn't wanna induce this time bc I was induced with my daughter, but we both have a 2 yr old with an ex and they need to be watched by someone.. My mom IS my only option since she's the closest to where we live.. She's an hour away, and I have NO friends or family in this town.. He doesn't want her here bc she smokes and makes him feel uncomfortable.. But his older brother has been here for nearly 2 weeks while he starts his new job as a cop in another town until his apt is ready.. AND has a history of hitting on hubby's past GF's.. I'm 30 wks prego so I don't worry about it, but any time he leaves the room or his brother and I are alone for even a nanosecond, or he and I happen to agree on something or I laugh at a joke he tells, I get accusing stares and paranoid questions from hubby.. SRY! That turned into kind of a rant lol.

Quoting HillaryRenee:

You don't have anyone willing to watch her while you're in the hospital? If your mom is the only option you have then he needs to decide if being in the room is more important than feeling "uncomfortable" around your mom. I personally wouldn't induce... but that is all up to you.

sassyKween
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:12 PM
I would go with the induction before she comes ONLY if you don't have another option as a baby sitter during delivery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM
I mean if that is the ONLY choice to make it work for you. But I wouldn't want to "force" the baby out:(

Quoting sassyKween:

I would go with the induction before she comes ONLY if you don't have another option as a baby sitter during delivery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HillaryRenee
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Lol, that's okay. I don't really have family here either... thank god this is my first and I don't have to make plans as to what to do with my little one. I could only imagine being in your shoes because either there are people that wouldn't be willing or I'd be uncomfortable leaving my child with.

Well seems to me like you have a tough decision on whether to induce or not. I don't think I'd be able to go it alone in the hospital room if i was in the same position and decided not to induce, but you've been induced before so maybe you don't have the same fears that I do with it. Planning an induction isn't going to do you much good if your cervix isn't ready though. GOOD LUCK!!!

Quoting CaseyR808:

I didn't wanna induce this time bc I was induced with my daughter, but we both have a 2 yr old with an ex and they need to be watched by someone.. My mom IS my only option since she's the closest to where we live.. She's an hour away, and I have NO friends or family in this town.. He doesn't want her here bc she smokes and makes him feel uncomfortable.. But his older brother has been here for nearly 2 weeks while he starts his new job as a cop in another town until his apt is ready.. AND has a history of hitting on hubby's past GF's.. I'm 30 wks prego so I don't worry about it, but any time he leaves the room or his brother and I are alone for even a nanosecond, or he and I happen to agree on something or I laugh at a joke he tells, I get accusing stares and paranoid questions from hubby.. SRY! That turned into kind of a rant lol.

Quoting HillaryRenee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)