Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

29 weeks and ubber emotional, anxious and going off the deep end

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

so I am 29 weeks.  which means 10 more weeks till baby is here.  I was supposed to have a Dr.'s appt today for an ultrasound to see how baby is growing, and then in a couple weeks I start the non stress tests.    We were also supposed to schedule my c-section today.  While waiting at the doctor the receptionist comes out and says that there are complications with a surgery and the Dr.'s are going to be 40 min late.  At first I am annoyed.  Dh took time off of work, got a sitter for the kid, etc.... but then it sinks in.  Some poor woman is in surgery and is having complications that both Dr.'s in the practice need to be there.  So then I am feeling guilty that I am annoyed and by the time we get out to the car I am almost hysterical cause I know she had a c-section.  No I don't really know what her surgery is, but that's where I am at...My poor Dh isn't quite sure what to do with me.  He finally says Daniel (DS) was a c-section, he was fine.  You were fine, everything was great.  My response was, yes but he was ready I went thru labor.  We were all set for a natural delivery, but then we had a section.  Obviously I am perseverating on my upcoming delivery too much.  I have brief moments of rational thought, but as it gets closer and closer I am having anxiety attacks, I am crying while using the bathroom so no one will see, and I hysterical in parking lots outside my Ob's office.  I am reading books that are supposed to be helping but are making it worse.  I know stop reading, but it's like rubber necking a bad accident...I can't help it.  I am terrified that I will have to deliver before 39 weeks.  Everything that I am reading is that planned c-sections prior to 39 weeks is not so good.  I'd much rather go into labor first, then have my c-section.  Why go into labor?  Because your body releases hormones that help prepare the babies lungs during the labor process.  It helps to absorb some of the amniotic fluids, etc.  I am terrified that my baby will have respiratory difficulties.  

all of that being said, look what I found. I wonder if I can convince DH to get this for me.  I haven't bought anything for the baby yet.....

http://www.verabradley.com/product/Baby-Bag/154882/defaultColor/Sittin'%20in%20a%20Tree/p/154882.uts

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Gender PredictionGet your own gender prediction!
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tomib
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM

anyone????  I hear crickets...no words of encouragement?  a charm?  a hug?  a "it will be ok"  I know, It's not as exciting as a "look at my nursery post",  "a pick my babies name post" or a "show me your baby gear" post, but complete silence?  and people are confused as to why newcomers don't feel welcomed.........

mamasangels2009
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I know exactly how you feel about the anxiety. I have frequent panic attacks whether I am pregnant or not and at the end of my pregnancies they only get worse. I wish the best for you and remind yourself that you have done this before and you can do it again!! Good luck mama!!!

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Try to relax. It is ok. Your son is ok and you are doing everything you possibly can to ensure that this labor and delivery will go smoothly. It sounds like you've got a good doctor and a supportive husband, so it will be ok. It is perfectly normal to have worries and fears about the big event, just try to work through them in your head and know that you are doing a good job and that everyone at the hospital will do everything in their power to make this a good experience. (((hugs))) You are going to do GREAT!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)