Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Reasons I cant (I mean wont) do a VBAC *edit*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

Just so ya'll know, I AM perfectly ok with having another csection. It would have been nice to do a VBAC but after talking to my Dr and considering all the information, we decided a RCS was best.

1. Previous Csection / Twins (both times)

2. Delivered at 28 weeks (HIGHER % rate for rupture when previous cs was done so early during a first time preg)

3. My internal incision lies very low & is vertical, which with the first 2 reasons combined is a dangerous health hazard to me and the babies. Most to me at that point.

There are other things that could factor into from my health history but the above is what is directly pregnancy related. I'm not scared or worried. I know I can do this.

I just want myself and my baby girls to be as healthy as possible on delivery day.

(they DID say I cant watch with a mirror... they dont have the OR's equipped with them, BOOOO, lol!)

***I undertsand some of you mamas are very pro vbac and thats great! I applaud you for doing what you feel is best. This is just what I feel is best. I DO NOT think my provider is lying to me or just trying to avoid vbac at all. I have been withthis practice for over 8 years and I fully trust these Dr's. Only 1 has not been there the whole 8 years (its just been 3 I think). Even the midwife told me that my situation is very risky for vbac. Maybe there's something I'm leaving out and I do apologize for that. I do know I stated that there's other factors in my history (non preg related) that could be causing this decision as well but I dont feel comfortable laying out my whole medical profile online lol As I said though I do apologize if I'm leaving something out. I didnt post for drama (so far I ahvent seen any) so I dont want to start any for sure. Just wanted to post that was my reasoning for not doing VBAC. Congrats to those who do it and those who want to. I feel its everyones individual choice and sometimes this topic can be heated. Thanks for the advice though mama's. Even if I dont take it, doesnt mean I dont appreciate it :)

Photobucket   Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:43 PM
Awe honey! I don't think you have to explain to ANYONE your choice! You know what's best for YOU and your little girls:) NO ONE can tell you differently. I know I can't vbac either!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Wife41
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I am glad you are happy with your birth choice.

I would try for a VBAC with the 3 points you listed. But, that is me. If you feel comfortable in your choice, I am happy for you.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

dmc512
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Quoting mrseckstein:

Awe honey! I don't think you have to explain to ANYONE your choice! You know what's best for YOU and your little girls:) NO ONE can tell you differently. I know I can't vbac either!

I completely agree!  It's your decision and NOBODY has a right to judge that! I just found out today my first c-section was completely unnecessary and I am really bummed and all the hospitals nearby me dont do VBACs so I am ok with that and I actually am excited for this C section!! Good Luck to ya! : )

PieceOfMe3303
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Thanks mamas. I'm not trying to justify it. I am a little disappointed but I sat there for 30 mins talking to the Dr about it and I def dont feel pressured or upset about it. My first one was a medical MUST to save my babies lives, this time, I have to worry about my life. I'm a single mom and without me my girls have no one. Plus I have a 7 yr old son. I dont want to risk it. I know there are risks with cs but not what I feel I'm facing with vbac.

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:54 PM

It is really good that you are so at peace with your choice. That will make it so much easier on everyone!! :-)

AlyKen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I'm not judging your choice. I have my RCS scheduled even though I'm trying for a VBAC. I do have a question though. How do they know your internal incision lies very low? Mine is pretty low and I've been approved as long as my BP stays down.

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:13 PM

It's your choice. As long as you are happy with it then that is all that matters.

BsMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

I felt like I was pretty lucky to find a doctor that would do a VBAC. He said there were no issues as long as the baby wasn't as big as my daughter was which was 9lbs 3oz so I've figured my chances were pretty good. But now my family is moving about 4 hours away from here so I'll have to find a new doctor and I'm not excited about it because I doubt I'll get to try and do a VBAC. Oh well! As long as he is healthy and we're both safe, I guess it doesn't matter too much. Just a little upsetting.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Laureney
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

This.

Quoting Army_Wife41:

I am glad you are happy with your birth choice.

I would try for a VBAC with the 3 points you listed. But, that is me. If you feel comfortable in your choice, I am happy for you.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

I think it's great that you are at peace, but you could still have a VBAC :).

lfrrll5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM

well i know my doctor wouldnt have considered one for me unless i would have had at least one successful vaginal delivery. Lucky for me I had so i was able to have a vbac. However as long as your happy with it then that's all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)