Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who gets the name?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

I always said if I have another boy his middle name will be James. My brother's name is James and he is named after our biological dad. My brother was really happy that I planned to name my baby after him when we found out we were having another one. Well we chose the name Aaron James for our baby boy. Guess what? My brother's g/f is pregnant and due 6 weeks after I am. They're having a boy too! I think my brother should be able to have his son named after him. His g/f likes Braelon James. So now I need a new name for my baby :-( I can't think of any other middle names that go with Aaron.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mc3197433
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM
Nicholas,Christopher,Edward,Anthony.If I can think of anymore I will come back...Btw would it really be that bad if you used James anyway?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
c.p.c.k
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM

why not you both use the name? It is after all only a middle name unless you are going to say Aaron James everytime you are referring to him. Or if not possibly have Aaron Jamie?

mom2josh07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM

you know what? i think you both can use the name! It shows that you love your brother and are wanting to name your son after him. Its not like you BOTH are using james as the first name! just the middle. But if you had picked out aaron james first and then she wanted to name theirs EXACTLY that then i would be mixed on the name thing. GL. Talk with them both and see what they think of it.

luvbeingmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM

just go with james and say its after your dad

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Aaron Matthew

Aaron Raymond

Aaron Braedon

Aaron Bradley

PieceOfMe3303
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Aaron Micheal? Aaron Connor? Aaron Bryce?

My bro in laws name is Aaron Joseph & I rly like that.

Thats sweet of you to give it up. Kudos!

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:36 PM

That is one I have thought about actually...

Quoting abra:

Aaron Matthew

Aaron Raymond

Aaron Braedon

Aaron Bradley

BethPrice1345
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM

That's very nice of you! What was your father's middle name? Grandfathers names, DH's name, etc..

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM

I like it! My daughter's name is Mira Lorne and her cousin (who is a week younger) is named Audrey Lauren, but neither are family names. I don't think it would be too weird for them to have the same middle name if you really don't want to change it.

Quoting AllanRaesMomma:

That is one I have thought about actually...

Quoting abra:

Aaron Matthew

Aaron Raymond

Aaron Braedon

Aaron Bradley

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM

My father's middle name was Lester... and DH's ex's last name is Lester... so no that will not work for me LOL... My oldest is Allan Rae. DH's middle name is Allan and his initials is RAE. His first name is Richard so my aunt suggested Aaron Richard and my husband said no way LOL... My oldest was soooo much easier to name!

Quoting BethPrice1345:

That's very nice of you! What was your father's middle name? Grandfathers names, DH's name, etc..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)