Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT- help....if you have potty trained a child.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

So I had my 2yr old DD potty trained and in panties. Well every time she goes to visit her dad he puts her back in pull-ups. Well as I had posted before she is visiting her father for a month and guess what? PULL-UPS! I think they are a crutch. She is smart enough to know that when she pees in those it catches it and it won't run down her legs. Emma's father, Kris, is stupid...being honest. If you tell him something medical he will believe what you say. Kris's mom told him that if he puts Emma in panties she will get yeast infections more if she wears panties than if she wears a pull-up that holds the urine to her skin. I am getting so aggrivated. She told him this because Emma doesn't know how to wipe herself properly so she can get a yeast infection from that....doesn't make any sense to me. A pull-up which holds pee on her skin or not wiping all of the urine away. HELP HER WIPE! He also doesn't want to deal with the accident from her which happens more with him than with me for some reason. I am just losing my mind because it is so hard to keep her potty trained and in panties when her dumb father keeps putting her in pull-ups.

I know some of you probably think the name calling is wrong but I don't talk about him in front of Emma. If you knew him though you would want to kill him for the things he did.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AllanRaesMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM

BUMP!

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:12 PM

I don't know what to say :-(

DS is pee trained, but not pooping in the potty. He has problems so that is why. DH gets frustrated cleaning out poopy undies and keeps telling me we should just put DS in pull ups. I tell him that I would rather clean out the poopy undies than have to re-train him after it took so long. Men do not always understand.

I do not see how putting your DD in pull ups is going to prevent her from getting a yeast infection. Having a wet pull up can cause a diaper rash if she isn't changed right away!

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM

That sucks!! Here are some articles about how diapers encourage yeast infections...maybe if he reads it online it will help?

http://www.health-and-beauty-advice.com/anti-aging/toddler-yeast-infections.php

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000964.htm

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:14 PM

She is completely potty trained with me. Peeing and pooping on the potty. I am so proud of her.

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I wish that would help lol. We can't stand each other but are civil for Emma. Anything that comes out of my mouth to him isn't true. He is the kind of guy that thinks he is smarter than everyone, but his mom went to college....to become a pharmacy tech...so he thinks she is all knowing now and so does she. She gets yeast infections already and for that reason I want her to stay in panties. I also don't give her baths really ever anymore. She has to take showers.

Quoting abra:

That sucks!! Here are some articles about how diapers encourage yeast infections...maybe if he reads it online it will help?

http://www.health-and-beauty-advice.com/anti-aging/toddler-yeast-infections.php

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000964.htm

jess61208
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

My DD just turned two and I've only got her to pee in her potty ONCE.  I can already see this is going to be a difficult process.  I can't imagine going through all that and finally getting her potty trained just for someone to ruin it!  His mom sounds pretty stupid but I would suggest finding some literature on the subject and shoving it in their faces.  Sorry you're having to deal with this.  It sounds so frustrating! 

momamouse07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

short of him actually putting her in panties there really isnt anything you can do except keep trying on your end. it sucks but unless he is willing to listen to you thats bout all ya can do. I am kinda going through the same thing with my parents. I have ds in underwear and hes completely pee trained just not poopied. Everytime he goes out there (which is like one day every week or every other week) he is put in diapers for some reason ranging from "didnt send enough undies" to " he had to many accidents" and etc. Its SO frustrating but after the first day of ds being home hes peeing in the potty like normal. i think kids can differentiate between the houses and what you can and cant do. like in your case At mommy's house she wears big girl undies and at daddys hows she wears pull ups. maybe work with her and let her know that just because she wears pull ups at daddys doesnt mean she still dont go to the potty. sorry thats bout all i got. hope it helps ya. hang in there momma! potty training is tough.

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

She has both things down thankfully. A huge problem is with her father is he punishes her for having an accident. I never punished her for having an accident. I would reward her when she actually went potty. He also rewards her, but the punishing thing doesn't help her learn at all.

I am sorry that they are doing that.

Quoting momamouse07:

short of him actually putting her in panties there really isnt anything you can do except keep trying on your end. it sucks but unless he is willing to listen to you thats bout all ya can do. I am kinda going through the same thing with my parents. I have ds in underwear and hes completely pee trained just not poopied. Everytime he goes out there (which is like one day every week or every other week) he is put in diapers for some reason ranging from "didnt send enough undies" to " he had to many accidents" and etc. Its SO frustrating but after the first day of ds being home hes peeing in the potty like normal. i think kids can differentiate between the houses and what you can and cant do. like in your case At mommy's house she wears big girl undies and at daddys hows she wears pull ups. maybe work with her and let her know that just because she wears pull ups at daddys doesnt mean she still dont go to the potty. sorry thats bout all i got. hope it helps ya. hang in there momma! potty training is tough.

mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM

thats frustrating!!  Maybe you should have her dr write a note saying that that is complete BS..  Or have him take her to a the dr or soemthing..  Im sorry momma thats tough...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)