Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sex after csection--->tmi???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

i know they say wait 6 weeks for sex etc after childbirth because of the cervix, to insure its closed and to avoid infection, but what about after a csection????

especially a planned one. I was NEVER dialated at all. So thats not why for me is it? I mean besides the obvious of opening my incision or bursting stitches but ???

just curious, DF keeps begging, im about 18 days PP and feeling good. I wish i could do the deed lol. It sucks! I couldnt even get Birthday sex yesterday lol

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mister Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..& Mommy to Miss Kamrynn Clare 6.24.10..

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rileysmommy229
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

yeah it sucks to wait...im not sure about after a c-section bc i've only had vaginal births and tore w/ both so i waited about 4 weeks this time but it was horrible so we didnt do it again until i was 6 weeks pp

MrsMatthiesen

You pose a risk of rupturing your uterus if you have sex before the wound is healed well enough for intercourse. I had a c-section with my daughter. It is dangerous to have sex before your doctor gives you the thumbs up. I don't want to seem rude but he should respect the fact that you have to wait.

newmama008
I had a csection and waited about 3-4 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

yeah...

i figured thats why- harming the incision, in and out--- just wanted to see if i was correct.

im scared shitless regardless to have sex again because of that.

he can wait til i say- he can beg and beg, but just curious

thanks

CJsmama2008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM

I never dialted with my first section and we had sex 3 weeks after and it HURt soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, that I would just wait the 6 weeks.. There are other things that could be done :0...LOL.. THis time around hubby ain't touching this until I don't know when///

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I don't mean to be rude but come on!!! You JUST had major surgery and all your hubby can think about is sex? WOW. No way in hell was my hubby getting any 18 days after my Csection. He was smart. He never asked. Idk, maybe my hormones are all out of whack but to me it would be rude especially when hyour insides aren't healed yet. It may look and feel goo on the outside but everything inside takes a little while longer. That's why they say 4-6 weeks PP for vaginal births and 6-8 weeks PP for Cesarians. Idk. GL hun.

Quoting MommyRJ:

yeah...

i figured thats why- harming the incision, in and out--- just wanted to see if i was correct.

im scared shitless regardless to have sex again because of that.

he can wait til i say- he can beg and beg, but just curious

thanks

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

orange4agua72
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Here's how long I waited...

1st c-sec: 6weeks

2nd c-sec: 5weeks

3rd c-sec: 6weeks

4th c-sec: 2.5 weeks

5th c-sec: it's been 10 days and I WISH we could, but not yet!!!

My doc told me that honestly my inside heals at the same rate as my outside and I told him at 4 weeks after appt with my 4th c-sec that I had sex and he was just like "ok".

So, honestly do what you want and feel ready to do... but just listen to your body!!!

flyfree55
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM

wait 3 weeks plus cuz of the insition its still real tender even if you dont notice

cadlecr4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I dint wait 6 weeks to have sex but I did wait 3-4 weeks and my hubby went really easy.

kimwilson16
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I would wait. I have had 3 c-sections. It is usually very incomfortable even after 6 weeks, which I never understood because I have never had a vaginal birth lol. But I have some friends who say the same thing. Remember also the outside scar heals must faster than the inside one. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)