Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some good snack ideas/ small meals!!! What do you all eat?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM
  • 22 Replies

I'm pregnant with our second baby and due in January. I don't have morning sickness anymore, but I still prefer to snack during the day rather than eat big meals. I save that for dinner. I have no idea what kind small meals besides sandwiches to make. The same goes for snacks. I want to eat more healthy, but I just don't know any recipes or ideas. I have gone to foodnetwork.com and most everything is 4 people and up. They also don't have a lot of good snack recipes. So what do you all eat during the day?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I eat a lot of granola bars.  Also, I loved fresh fruit and veggies when I was pregnant too.  As far as meals, here is a bump.

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Finger sandwiches, cereal bars, trail mix, soups, salads, seasoned cucumbers, peanuts, jerky etc. 

mrseljuri
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Fruit, Cereal, yogurt, nuts, veggies, jerky, crackers. I am not always good but that is the good things:) I also love PB & Jelly sandwiches, salad, and soup.

Congrats on your second baby.

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM

oh yeah crackers with cheese and summer sausage is good too, if you like hummus with pita triangles that is yummy and good for you, you can also do pesto and cream cheese on a baquette it is so yummy, fruit etc. 

aramcobrat
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Hard-boiled eggs, cheese & crackers (you can make it interesting with different crackers and cheeses), hummus, english muffin w/PB or cream cheese, or a homemade egg mcmuffin, beef jerky

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I LOVE making glazed carrots.. so yummy, and they're really easy. The easiest way is to get some of those veggie steamer bags for the microwave and put 1-2 handfuls of baby carrots into it. Steam them a little less than the directions say. Add about a tablespoon or two of butter and a tablespoon of brown sugar and some salt/pepper.. stick them in for about 30-45 seconds. The long way is to boil them in water for 10-15 mins, turn the temp down and drain some water out to steam for another 5 mins, then add the butter and brown sugar to the water and let them simmer for a few minutes.

I like to bake a few small baking potatos and just kind of dice them with a fork (skins on) and top with butter, ranch or sour cream, salt, cheese, and whatever seasonings I feel like.

babycakeschris
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM

grilled chesse sandwiches, I buy pineapple, grapes, starberry's a variety of fruit cut it all up and put it in a large bow and eat it during the day, baby carrots with ranch, hot pockets, peanut butter sanwiches...

ACsLady
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM

The usual fruit, veggies, yogurt, cheese (string cheese is a great one - real easy), crackers, and granola bars are good choices. I like to slice up a banana and mix it with some yogurt in the morning for breakfast. I also like to make salad pitas - cut a pita in half to make a pocket and fill it with your favorite salad stuff and dressing. I usually do romaine lettuce, fresh baby spinach, cucumber, shredded carrots, a little bit of cheddar cheese, and some ham and turkey. Any kind of crackers and toppings are good. If you like cottage cheese, you can eat that with or without some fruit to go with. You could make chicken salad or tuna salad on a roll with some lettuce. Any kind of eggs are always a good option - egg salad sandwiches, eggs for breakfast, deviled eggs...whatever you like. Try to eat two a day and have a quart of milk (can also be gotten from dairy products) for a good nutrition base.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else...I, too, prefer to snack and wish I had more ideas.

Edit: Popcorn and pretzels are easy snacks too. Just thought of those...

ACsLady
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Ooo, yeah, baked potatoes! I like to top mine with butter, broccoli, and cheese (and sometimes bacon bits). They make a great lunch.

Quoting Pandapanda:

I like to bake a few small baking potatos and just kind of dice them with a fork (skins on) and top with butter, ranch or sour cream, salt, cheese, and whatever seasonings I feel like.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Oh I know! So easy to make too. I once crumbled up flavored goldfish crackers on top of one of my baked potatoes.. pure heaven! They're also good with ground turkey on top, or carmelized onions!

Quoting ACsLady:

Ooo, yeah, baked potatoes! I like to top mine with butter, broccoli, and cheese (and sometimes bacon bits). They make a great lunch.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)