Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

posted this in my birth group-in hospital

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
so I've been complaining on facebook about my one leg sweeling all weekend. a friend told me to call the dr the first day. of course, I didn't. didn't think it was a big deal. its been worse and its seriously only my left leg swelling to at least twice the normal size.

I called my ob today (this is day 3 or 4 of this?) and she told me to get to the nearest er with a maternity ward and I went to HUP because its connected to CHOP and to me that's closest and I kind of feel safer here in case something happens with baby.. but anyways. I was sent up to L&D with the triage nurse telling me theres a chance I might be sent back to the er (i hope not theres like 80 people in there).. my ob wants a blood clot ruled out, and I kind of wish I went to my hospital even though its further away its smaller and I would have been in a bed already and have been seen.

its definitely not as swollen as it has been right now. but, I also woke up about 3 1/2 hrs ago and I've been off my feet most of the time snce then. the only time the swelling goes down even with elevating it all day is when im in bed asleep. then it comes back with a vengence. blah..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ANandLPsMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM
sorry if this makes no sense .. kinda jumbled being on mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnowboardMama4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM

hope everything's ok!!

mstevens10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM

awe sorry to hear that.... I hope all turns out well though ... good luck mama.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Oh no. I hope you figure out what's going on.

Good luck mama.

ANandLPsMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM
thanks ladies.. hooked up to the monitor right now while waiting for the ultrasound lady to not be busy :( baby hates being hooked up to this thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)