Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC mommas

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM
  • 1 Replies

hey, my aunt is 40 weeks and 3 days today. ill give you a little backround. Shes 31 years old. She has had one previous pregnancy. her daughter is now 14 years old. She had to have an emergency c section with her daughter at 29 weeks, becuase of placenta previa. she was born at 1 pounds 12 ounces. but is perfectly healthy. anyways. She also has fibroids. 2, in every u.s with this pregnancy, they have told her that the fibroids are NOT in the way of her delivering VBAC. her last u/s was on thursday and stil the fibroids are not in the way. She went to her final ob appt today, hoping to be induced and the doctor says she wants her to schedule a csection, becuase the doc could not reach her cervix becuase the babies head is too low. She is in tears. she wants to have a trial of labor. and not have an elected section. what do you think she should do? her doc has seemed like she didnt want to do the vbac the whole time (becuase she would have to be at the hospital the whole labor) second opinion? wait for natural labor to start? induce? c section? i dont know how to help her. i told her to get a second opinion.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Yeah she needs to say no and wait until labor starts.  There is a woman on here who vbaced her baby at 42weeks and 3 days I think.  They won't induce a VBAC because it increases the risk of rupture.  If the head is in the way that is a good sign.  She needs to tell her doctor no, and do what she wants, it is harder without a supportive provider, but considering that her scar is 14 years old she is a great candidate for VBAC.  She should get another opinion, I would find a midwife if I were her, or stick with the one she has and do what she wants despite the doctor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)