Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Asking for a friend *updated*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 29 Replies

Ok so I have a friend Allie. She told me today that she slept with her neighbors older brother (hes 21, shes 19 and theyre both single). She said her period was due today but so far all shes got is some thick white discharge and feeling like she could sleep for the next 3 days straight. She said she has no other symptoms. I gave her my honest opinion that if she doesnt get her period by the end of the week she should take a pregnancy test. She really wants some other opinions though, so after a lot of begging and a few tears I agreed to post on here to see what other moms think. Thanks in advanced.

Update: Ok Allie did take a home test this morning and it came back positive. She didnt believe it at first so just to make sure she took the second test since I bought her a two pack just in case she needed a second test. Again it was positive. Theyre digital tests so that she couldnt try to convince herself that she had waited too long to read the test and there was an evap line or there couldnt be the debate of how many lines are actually there.  After crying for an hour she calmed down enough to have an actual conversation. She did want to me give an update and has yet to figure out how shes going to handle everything. Only thing she knows for sure is that shes going to be moving out of her parents house as soon as possible and is hoping she doesnt have to tell them until after shes out so that she wont be kicked out and have no where to go.

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM

She needs to take a test, that is the only way to be sure.  

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I wouldn't stress just yet.. stressing makes you later, and sometimes pms and pregnancy symptoms are the exact same. Tiredness and heartburn were my only two symptoms at first.. for some of my friends, those are how they know their period is about to start.

She should just take a test. if her period is due already, it should come up positive by now if she is.

jcm28
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:18 PM

QUESTION  WHEN DID SHE HAVE SEX? HOW LONG AGO BEFORE HER PERIOD? I WOULD GET A BLOOD TEST NEXT  MONDAY.

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I agree with you. I would wait a week and then test.

Quoting Jmama2011:

Ok so I have a friend Allie. She told me today that she slept with her neighbors older brother (hes 21, shes 19 and theyre both single). She said her period was due today but so far all shes got is some thick white discharge and feeling like she could sleep for the next 3 days straight. She said she has no other symptoms. I gave her my honest opinion that if she doesnt get her period by the end of the week she should take a pregnancy test. She really wants some other opinions though, so after a lot of begging and a few tears I agreed to post on here to see what other moms think. Thanks in advanced.

mojob85
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I would wait a week and then test. Tell her not to stress out about it. The more she thinks about it the more her period won't show up if its going to. But, if she feels the need to test early that is her decision ultimately. But, I would give it a little time. It sounds to me like those are just pre-period symptoms at the moment. Tell her good luck though!! Keep us posted!! :)

mommaT1983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM

What you told her was good advice. If she is pregnant just be there for her whatever she decides. You seem like a great friend though :)

Jmama2011
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Pandapanda:

I wouldn't stress just yet.. stressing makes you later, and sometimes pms and pregnancy symptoms are the exact same. Tiredness and heartburn were my only two symptoms at first.. for some of my friends, those are how they know their period is about to start.

She should just take a test. if her period is due already, it should come up positive by now if she is.

She says she hasnt been stressing, she didnt even think about it until she woke up this morning and realized she hadnt gotten her period which is never late, sometimes early but never late. Once there a bunch of responses Im going to print this out and show it to her, not that shell be too happy because getting pregnant right now would completely screw things up for her. Shes supposed to be leaving for army basic  training at the end of august but being pregnant would force her to take a medical discharge so right about now shes probably down on her knees praying to god that shes not. exhaustion is not normal for her which is why shes kinda worried, for her PMS is usually a 7 day headache and the complete inability to be anything but cranky. According to her shes never felt tired like this but is hoping that there is something else going on that would take all her energy away like some sort of bug or something.

BabyFruit Ticker
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Well you know, the heat and season changes of summer ALWAYS screwed with my cycles.. so you never know.

Quoting Jmama2011:

Quoting Pandapanda:

She says she hasnt been stressing, she didnt even think about it until she woke up this morning and realized she hadnt gotten her period which is never late, sometimes early but never late. Once there a bunch of responses Im going to print this out and show it to her, not that shell be too happy because getting pregnant right now would completely screw things up for her. Shes supposed to be leaving for army basic  training at the end of august but being pregnant would force her to take a medical discharge so right about now shes probably down on her knees praying to god that shes not. I think she was hoping that with the exhaustion being not normal for her, for her PMS is usually a 7 day headache and the complete inability to be anythign but cranky. According to her shes n ever felt tired like this but is hoping that there is something else going on that would take all her energy away like some sort of bug or something.

LaceyN1121
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I agree with you, 1 week then test, or go to the doctors. There isn't much else that it could be.

Jmama2011
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Quoting jcm28:

QUESTION  WHEN DID SHE HAVE SEX? HOW LONG AGO BEFORE HER PERIOD? I WOULD GET A BLOOD TEST NEXT  MONDAY.

I didnt get an exact date out of her but heres the part of the convo with what I did manage to get out of her

Me: When did it happen?

Her: I dont know

Me: think Allie, a date would be helpful

Her: Jaime I just told you I dont know. When was the day that you called and I told you to stop breathing because you were being too loud?

Me: Oh god, um idk I called you early in the morning because I needed to ask  you something then forgot what it was I wanted to ask you. here let me check my phone

Me: June 30 why?

Her: Umm think like a day or 2 before that

Me: So like The 28th, 29th?

Her: Yeah, I dont know, something like that. You remember the party the neighbors had?

Me: Yeah, you got wasted and fell on your ass in the garage what about it?

Her: It was after that but before the phone call, closer to the phone call though

Me:So basically the end of June?

Her :Yeah in there somewhere

So no exact date but we got an estimation anywhere between June 19th and June 30th but according to her closer to June 30th

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)