Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

41 1/2 weeks - BPP and NST today

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm 41 weeks 3 days today and I had a biophysical profile and another non-stress test.  Good news is that baby looks great, we got a perfect score on the BPP.  They estimate his weight is about 10 lbs!

Bad news is that I only have 3 days left to have my midwife deliver the baby at the birth center (state law).  At 42 weeks (which is Friday) I would either go to the hospital, or be on my own at home (which isn't horrible because my mother is a former midwife).  So, we are starting to take some more drastic measures to encourage this baby to come.  I am 3-4 cm dilated and 80% effaced, but that's not much different than what I was last week.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Groove
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

she wont break your bag or strip your membranes?

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Good luck momma!

peaches_04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:25 PM

i walked upand down the stairs for an hour the day before i was scheduled to induce because i didnt want to be induced and it worked

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Oh no, I really hope you go into labor before the 42 week mark.. but if you don't, and you have a home birth, then that's just fine too. You and baby will be okay either way. Would you be able to call your midwife and have her and your mother attend a home birth?

What measures are you trying? I know you've tried just about everything in the book.. maybe go for a swim to try to relax yourself?

Megara
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I have tried everything in the book!  She did strip my membranes today, which was one of my last resorts.  We also have a plan for tonight/tomorrow, but I don't want to go into it because I don't want anyone to try it without their doctor/midwife's supervision.

pacificamom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Yaaayy i'm so happy he's doing good in there---maybe he'll decide it's time soon!

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM
can they adjust you edd by a few days?
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM

can they adjust you edd by a few days?

rileysmommy229
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

i hope baby comes before friday!!! ill say a prayer for you!

Army_wife8181
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Awww...I hope he comes soon for you! Also, what day was your daughter born if you dont mind me asking? Mine was born on October 3rd 2007. I thought it was kinda cool that our kids were born really close together. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)