Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

I talked to my obgyn today about me having a vbac. She asked me what I knew and I told her why I was eligible for one. She said that our local hospital has some rules of which, women who have had previous c-sections cannot be induced, so if the mom goes to 41 weeks without having gone into labor, she will be given c-section. If she goes into labor before hand, she gets to do her vbac unless complications arrive.

So, my c-section is set for November 2nd, and starting 37 weeks pregnancy, I am going to be doing as much as I can to put myself into labor! I will NOT drink castor oil though....no thanks.

When I do go into labor though, whenever I go into the hospital, they will automatically put an IV in me (hos policy) and restrict my intake to clear liquids. So, I'm waiting until my contractions are closer together before I go in!

I'm so excited! So happy I should be able to have this baby naturally. Hopefully my cervix will participate this time and actually open. Last time, I wouldn't dialate. I had two rounds of proglasterine jelly and I still wasn't dialating like I should so my tiny baby (4lbs 14oz, full term) became stressed out after many hours of labor. So, I hope my cervix participates this time! lol

Just had to tell everyone!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ForeverInLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
:( no comments?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseljuri
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

CONGRATS! Hope you get your VBAC

doulala
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Yah--  there are a lot of things you can try when you get there!
If this were me, I would be looking for a different provider~   that is a lot of unnecessary restricting.    Wouldn't castor oil be better than an unnecessary cesarean, though?

mommyof4gurlz
Good luck i hope you get ur vbac
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoPain

Good Luck I'll keep finger and toes crossed for you!

ForeverInLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Quoting doulala:

Yah--  there are a lot of things you can try when you get there!
If this were me, I would be looking for a different provider~   that is a lot of unnecessary restricting.    Wouldn't castor oil be better than an unnecessary cesarean, though?

Considering if I gag one time, I will puke, it's not a better idea. And, there is only one other ob in the area and his wait time is over 1.5 months to see. I have been seeing my ob for about two years now.

Also, the restricting is my only option. There are no other hospitals in the area and I won't do homebirth right now, I'm not comfortable with it. I have to follow hospital policy.

As far as restriction of intake, it's so i don't puke for one, and if I need a repeat c-section, so my stomach is empty for that. I don't think there was much more for restrictions though other than no further than 41 weeks.

Also, when I had my son, I had already been having contractions that I didn't know about before they even started me on anything. The night before they hooked me up and my doc came in and looks and goes, "you've been having contractions. how do they feel?" I was puzzled, lol. but, they did that proglasterine jelly and sent me home two hours later. Woke up in the middle of the night with back pain and grabbed my heating pad and went back to sleep. They did another dose of jelly at 8am and put me on pitocin at 10am. i had nothing but back labor the whole time. It sucked! But, at 6:30pm he starting stressing out from labor, and they had already stopped the pitocin a half hour prior. So, I had an emer c section.

But, I won't try castor oil.... I won't drink something liable to make me vomit. I can't even give my son yogurt right now because if I smell it, I'll puke! not fun... don't feel like calling hubby at work and asking him if he'll clean the bathroom again, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)