Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How the heck do you get cat pee out???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

SOOOO.... our cat decided he was going to pee over and over and over on our couch. HOw the HECK do I get the smell out? It's micro fiber and NOTHING will seem to take the smell out...

ANY IDEAS???

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:46 PM

once you clean it off, you'll have to go and buy a enzyme based spray like "out" at walmart, only the enzyme stuff will get it out

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I use Spot Shot to clean our microfiber couch - as far as the smell I have a friend who has a gazillion cats and they use vinegar.  GL!

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Have you tried hot hot hot water with baking soda? I'd have to ask my mom.. she's got 14 cats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livinmylife10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM

my cat did the same thing and sorry to tell ya but we had to throw the couch out:( nothing REALLY gets the smell out.. cats pee is so strong that it will always be in the fabric:!!

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM

IDK but if you figure it out let me know. Our cat went crazy when we plugged in an electronic pest repeller thing and peed all over ours as well.

shamillionaire
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM

You really don't. You can try shampooing it but putting vinegar inside the bottle instead of soap stuff. Try that a few times then do soap. Depends on farbic type and location on the couch.

jesselswick
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Hot water and vinegar.

mrseljuri
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM

My moms cat did the same to our mattress...pissed me off so bad because it was only 2 years old. I was told to buy an enzyme spray from the pet store...like mentioned above and it eats it out. 

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

I think that if I remember right white distilled vinegar is the only thing that works

admegan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 PM

My mother in law's cat has a bad habit of peeing on our dirty laundry and the only way I've ever been able to get it out was by washing it with Dreft. For some reason that always works. Maybe you can try to water some down a little bit and use it as a cleaning solution in a carpet shampooer 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)