Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No heartbeat at ultrasound

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
  • 33 Replies

I had an ultrasound today. Going by the date of my last period I should be 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. There was no heartbeat but there was a fetal stem and yolk sac. With both of my other pregnancies we were able to see a heartbeat at 6 weeks. My dr. wants me to come back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound... has anyone else had a heartbeat detected later than 6 weeks?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
My old ob and my new midwife both refuse to check for a heartbeat before 9 weeks so that if they don't find it, there's no worrying. Don't stress it mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM

You could be a week or so off which is why there is no heartbeat don't worry about it just yet

tddncw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM

bump...i never had an early ultrasound

ashlynsmom14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Didnt see this baby's til 8 weeks and didnt hear DD's until 9 weeks. Every pregnancy is different. Good Luck Momma!!! Keep us updated!

SapphireMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:49 PM
I did and hes perfectly healthy. Is it possible youre not as far as you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Girl your probablly just earlier than you thought it'll be ok:)

ForeverInLove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM
Sorry! I had a heartbeat at 4 weeks and at six weeks, and my six weeks pushed me back by 10 days in my due date.
I know it was hard for them to find and I had the transvaginal and was very uncomfy. Felt like they were trying to oush that want into my uterus...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I have went through this, kind of.. i had no heartbeat in the ER (cramping for weeks) at six weeks. they said that's normal... :S went to dr, and i was supposed to be 10 weeks, measuring six. no hb. i miscarried and ended up having a d&c.

I hope that's not your case. I really hope things go well. 

good luck Sending support!!! baby dust

asil
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM

yes... with this pregnancy (#3) they "maybe" saw a twinkle... but they wouldn't say it was... and at my 2 follow up u/s things were just fine...

megmonger
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

i've heard a bunch of times where they don't hear the heartbeat at 6 weeks. seems like it's almost always the case that when they recheck at 9 to 11 weeks it's there. wishing you good luck! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)