Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babyshower questions

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 3 Replies

When I was single and childless, I really didn't care for babyshowers and only went to a couple. It's awkward for those without kids I think. Anyway, so I never knew anything about how it's done.

1. is it typical to only have one babyshower? Or do people usually have a couple or a few? Joe was the one who asked and it never occurred to me to have more than one.

2. Who usually plans the babyshower? I feel weird trying to come up with games or whatever.

3. Any other basic etiquette about babyshowers I should know?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovegrace222
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM

If you have a lot of friends or different groups of people (like Church, work, family from one side or the other) then most people have a couple.  I will only have one because I'm just having mine at church and inviting all my family & friends to the one.  Usually a family member (mom, sister, SIL, MIL) gives you the shower or a best friend or sometimes a group of people (like church, work, etc.)  My sister & mom are giving mine(I'm a control freak so this way I can tell them what I want and like and can kinda tell them what to do<hehe!)  You can search the net for games/etc. 

pacificamom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I had 2 with my first--my family threw one and then my friends threw the other. I did what lovegrace did with my 2nd child. My friend threw it at my church and everyone came. The girls that did mine got awesome games just by researching online and having the guests bring one particular item to enter into a drawing to win prizes is always a fun. We did diapers or Dreft.

aboyne
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

i had to initiate the planning, but my nanny and cousin have taken over for my side of the family. i get a lot of input, but i don't really have to do much. on my hubby's side of the family, his mom and aunt are throwing us one. and i have no say so at all. we just kinda show up to that one.

so for me, we're having two, and they're both going to be completely different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)