Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

28 weeks no movement..

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

i haven't felt him move at all today, and yesterday i barely felt him move......

is he going through a growth spurt? i've also gained 2 pounds since last tues so in 6 days haha.. wow.....

i'm worried though usually he is so active its annoying but now i wish he'd move! :(

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
shannon_perry
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Try drinking a mt dew or a coke and see if this purks him up.  Sometimes you dont feel them as much and I THINK boys are less active then girls..  DONT worry your self though  if nothing tomorrow to be on the safe side call your dr

Ati_13
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Sometimes a decrease in movement is really just a decrease in mom's awareness of movement.  You're busy and distracted and you become accustomed to baby's movements and forget to pay attention to them.  Drink something cold with sugar and/or caffine and lie down with the TV off to feel for movement.  I'm sure he'll wake up :)

Kathryn6789
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Drink a cold drink, lay on your left side in a quiet room is what they suggest. See if he moves then. Like Ati_13 said, you may've just not noticed it as much. Have you been busy the past couple of days?

I used to get paranoid about this when he'd not move for a while but then he'd go back to being REALLY active again.

I'd suggest taking half an hour to do what I said above, if he doesnt move this time try again in a couple of hours. If you don't feel any movement at all today, I'd talk to your Dr/OB just to get them to check he's ok in there

I'm sure he's fine, probably just has very different sleep patterns to you! Mine does it, then I'll wake up at 3am to pee and then he won't stop moving for an hour!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)