Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Poll. Trying to prove my dumb ex wrong! PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you put panties/undies on a child that is 2 if potty trained?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

Okay my DD is 2 1/2yrs old and I had her completely potty trained and in panties. She is visiting her father and every time she does he puts her in pull-ups. He said HE isn't ready to put her in panties and just doesn't think it's right.

This is where the poll comes in. He told me to ask anyone I know if their child is potty trained do they put them in panties/undies? He said they will all say NO.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Once they are potty trained there is no need for diapers/pull-ups.  That only confuses them, and I wold think, could make them regress back to diapers.  :(

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

mommy1008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Of course  you put underwear on them, like the pp said putting pull-ups on them will confuse them!!!

SnowboardMama4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

What I want to know is why would you NOT put them in undies if they're potty trained?!

kameka
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I don't know that it would confuse them, but it sure is a waste of money!  My daughter was potty trained around that age and I think for the next month I put her in pull ups just at night, just in case.  She never had any accidents but I just didn't want to deal with peed on sheets!  Once a kid is potty trained they wear underwear, simple as that!  Do you know why he still puts her in pull ups? 

Hrivera5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Uh yeah...if they are potty trained they can wear underwear! 

i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quoting SnowboardMama4:

What I want to know is why would you NOT put them in undies if they're potty trained?!

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM

my youngest son was potty trained at 20 months and the way i got him to use the potty was putting him in undies lol... so yeah by 2 he was already in undies, there is NO reason to put a potty trained child in a pull-up/diaper

i also worked in a daycare and we had parents who had a hard time with this during potty training and it would make it hard because a lot of times it would cause more accidents cause over the weekends they'd be in the diapers and they knew they could pee whenever so back at the daycare in undies they'd go in them forgetting they didn't have a diaper on 

Pregnancy Ticker

VintageWife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Maybe he feels weird about it for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lfrrll5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Putting her in pull ups when she is potty trained could cause her to back slide and no longer to use the potty. He hasn't done this before has he? If not he needs to get some advice from someone who has. I have a 2 year old who just potty trained also and he wears underwear also. The only time he wears a pull up is at night when there is still an occasional mess.

majikalmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM
My son is potty trained and he is 2.5 the only time I put him in pull UPS is if we will be traveling a long time since I don't always know where to take him to go potty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)