Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those with kids already....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi! I am a first time mom. My baby is 2 months old. I had a cousin who passed away from SIDS, so I am extra paranoid about it. I was wondering what your opinions about sleep positioners are. My baby is currently sleeping in a pack n play in our bedroom. She is a little wiggle worm, and likes to wiggle her way to the sides of it. I don't like her being so close to the edges. How do you guys keep your babies from moving around so much.Also have any of you tried the SIDS monitor or products similar to it.  Thanks!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM

swaddle her or put her in a sleep sack and it will help with the wiggles:)

mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Ive never heard that being to close to the side was what caused SIDS..  I was always told to sleep baby on her back and shed be fine..   

fcangel9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Try pacifiers that help reduce SIDS, sleep positioners are great and the monitor for under the mattress is also a neat little product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fcangel9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM
Try pacifiers that help reduce SIDS, sleep positioners are great and the monitor for under the mattress is also a neat little product.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livinmylife10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM

i was paranoid with all my babies, i still am even tho they are older lol, but when they were little i used those sleep positioners that kept them in one position on their backs. they worked well with mine.

SnowboardMama4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM

same!

Quoting livinmylife10:

i was paranoid with all my babies, i still am even tho they are older lol, but when they were little i used those sleep positioners that kept them in one position on their backs. they worked well with mine.

jkmeier8909
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM

i'm a first time mom too and my baby is three months and she loves sleeping on her belly and she doesn't really wiggle at all. but she can lift her head up already so i don't worry about her getting her head stuck and not being able to breathe. she sleeps in bed with me.

mynaturalbaby
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Yep, definitely agree on the sleep sack suggestion.  In terms of SIDS safety, make sure that the sleep sack you choose is made of merino or cotton and not microfleece or fleece, because that fabric has the potential to overheat baby which can be a SIDS risk.

I spent a little more on a merino sleep sack, but it's able to warm up bubs if it's cold or cool him down if it gets too hot.  It's also sized from 0-2 years so I won't have to keep buying a new one every few months, which I think you have to do with the Halo ones.  In the end, you spend about the same $$$.

Here's a clicky to their site if you want to take a look.  They regularly have 30% off email specials so make sure you sign up!  I'm buying a Pink one tomorrow once their $89.99 special goes live!

Follow my journey into raising a baby using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby. DS is already 1 and will be a big brother in December.  Yikes, two under 2!

oaknaydsmom
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM
i had a sleep positioner with my first born and she still passed from sids when i had my oldest son my doc said it's rare for sids to hit the same family twice. I think if it's god's will for someone to lose their baby it'll happen no matter how careful you are. With both my boys i let them lay however they were comfortable and just checked on them frequently
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Jul. 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM

I have never tried a SIDS monitor. You can buy the baby positioners if you feel that your baby might roll onto their stomach.. But honestly, if you place your baby on her back, that is the best position. Also, studies have found that pacifiers reduce the risk of SIDS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)