Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok a ?? about my passing out habits

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I pass out alot. Its not fun but I am use to it lol. I have to go wed to get a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours (not fun). Now my question is this I am small frame and even during my really bad dizzy spell today in walmart my blood pressure was goo 97/57 115pulse. So I think that heart issues are ruled out. right? Now I am so uncomfortable I can barely eat but a few bites and even that makes me miserble. Could the dizziness be from the light eating??  Is it normal to have your blood sugar drop fast like that?? (if that's the prob) My docs seem worried but dont say much, except well your passing out too much! any advice or comments? By the way the dizziness comes in waves and my head will feel super heavy and I get really hot and then spots and I am out. But sometimes my heart will just randomly start to race and I feel like I cannot breathe? Anyone else??

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
asil
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:07 AM

i would say that maybe you are dropping your blood sugar from the ligh eating... but it could also be heart issues... if you're blood pressure is suddenly dropping... 97/57 is good, but low too... depending on what it was BEFORE you took it. (assuming this bp was during the spell).

i have prinzmetals syndrome... which is basically coronary artery spasms... my blood pressure drops for no real reason (when i'm sitting, laying, walking, talking) and i'll just get fuzzy, dizzy and pass out. 

not saying that it is what you have... but i know i've done the whole holter monitor 3 times... a tilt table twice... NST and stress tests more often than i can recall... it took a cardiac cath at the age of 25 to find it... 4 years after it really started acting up.

it's well worth looking into is my point, and not crossing heart issues off the list at this point.  it's dangerous, but it can be maintained... so i'm hoping you find out something... and that it's an easy fix...

keep us updated!

i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:11 AM

have they ruled out like hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia?  I wouldnt rule out a heart problem quite yet without your doctors ruling it out.  asil is right... your blood pressure is extremely low.  Is that normal for you?

doulala
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Sounds like you're not geting enough nourishment, maybe not enough hydration, too.

By the end of pregnancy, your body has about 50% more blood volume then pre-pregnancy, this can certainly affect us~         be careful!

housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I asked about dizziness and my midwife said it could either be dehydration or  low blood sugar. I hope you find out the cause :-(

ColieO
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:50 AM
Isn't a heart rate of 115 really high?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)