Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

sharp burning pain in cervix/vagina UPDATE AGAIN

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

i'm 33 weeks i went into pre-term labor on the 10th they stopped it but i'm now 4cm dilated and on strict bedrest at home. i saw the doctor wednesday and he said there was no change in my cervix and the baby has not dropped yet i had some heavy spotting all day wednesday after he checked me i'm not bleeding anymore but nowall day Thursday i keep getting this sharp burning/stinging pain in my cervix/vagina it happens when i walk which i don't do often cause i'm on bedrest, but it also happens when i'm laying down or sitting it really hurts and i don't know what it is it comes and goes, should i call my doctor or is it normal. i think if i'm still feeling it tomorrow i will call my OB just to be safe but i wanted to see what you all thought.

i wanted to see if it stopped today and it didn't i called my OB at 3pm and he just got back to me at 5pm he said to go to L&D to get checked out because i could be dialating again and the baby could be pushing on my cervix i have a weak cervix and dialated to 6 cm with my last baby without any contractions so he is concerned that will happen again.i will update when i get home or i will update from the hospital

OK i'm home i went to the hospital the checked my cervix and monitered me and baby for a while all is well, i do have a UTI so my doctor said that might be causing the pain. thank you so much for all your replys.

by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
majikalmama
by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fcangel9
by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 12:28 AM
I've gotten it before, but I am not dialated or Nything. Mine is caused by too much relaxin and my pelvic bones seperating. It's your bodys way of preparing for labor. I'm 32 weeks and doc said it's normal thru the 3rd trimester
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 23, 2010 at 2:20 AM

I'm sorry, I don't know.. Here's a bump for you tho!

mommy2ace
by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Bump!

I would call the doctor in the morning - better to run it by them so you'll feel comfortable over the weekend if the pain returns - then you'll know what the pain is doing (or not doing)    Sorry you're having the pain though.   I don't recall that - I had sharp stabbing pains a few days ago and that was round ligament pain... but I doubt that is the issue this far along in your pregnancy.  But who knows!    I hope you get an answer/it stops!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 23, 2010 at 2:30 AM
Normally sharp burning, stinging pains in the cervix is the weight of your baby putting pressure on your cervix and surrounding nerves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thea11ens
by on Jul. 23, 2010 at 7:20 AM

Quoting Pandapanda:

Normally sharp burning, stinging pains in the cervix is the weight of your baby putting pressure on your cervix and surrounding nerves.

WSS!^^^

I've had this with both of my pregnancies...midwife said it is normal and nothing to worry about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN