Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm so scared and overwhelmed...please help

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM
  • 15 Replies

i just found out this past week that i'm pregnant. it was a planned pregnancy but now that it is here and real i am terrified. i'm so anxious and overwhelmed and i feel like i am the only one. i'm anxious all day, everyday and i need some help. everyone else is so happy to hear they are pregnant and right now i'm not. i'm crying alot and am just having such a difficult time getting through the day. i feel like this will be the longest 9 months of my life. please tell me someone else is feeling the way i do....

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaitlynsmom428
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:59 AM

I'm anxious and sad b/c i don't want to lose this baby. I'm 4 weeks 3 days. We've been trying for out second for almost 3 years. I had a missed miscarraige last july. So yes I feel like this WILL be the longest pregnancy ever, but it sounds like we are worried for different reasons! Hang in there. Time flies by. :) Do you have any other kids?

MNLETLE
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:00 AM
I was when I first found out too. :-) It was like we THOUGHT we wanted 3 kids until er actually found out I was pregnant! Then...fear set in. DS was only 9 months old. I cried for quite sometime and had mixed feelings for a long time. (Still do sometimes especially because at 30 weeks pregnant my husband lost his job. I stay home so that was our only source of income.) However, even though sometimes I find myself scared (or God forbid I admit It...unhappy) I know it'll all work out and I'll love this baby too.

Good luck to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:06 AM
I was like that with my first.I have been around kids my whole life and for some reason I felt I couldn't do it 24 hours a day.I went and talked to the wife of one of my pastors (they have 8 kids) and was like how am I supposed to do this?she assured me that while I was scared,anxious,feeling unsure about it that in time it would change.she was right as soon as I saw my baby on u/s for the first time my fears melted away.I was still anxious bc I wasn't working,we weren't married and I knew how my family would react since I was only 19.but I'm on baby #2 and I'm still anxious about this baby too.I know now that I can do it.we've gone thru injury,surgery,sickness and all kinds of things as a family and I know it will all turn out ok.I'm 21 wks and I feel like I just want to get to dec when I'm due and start since I know its going to be hard again.If u need someone to talk to I'm here.GL and it will all be okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
march11
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:14 AM

no this is my first.....so everything is new to me. 

march11
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:21 AM

i'm scared of everything right now. i'm having a difficult time getting through my daily activities. i'm scared to be home alone, i'm scared to go out, i'm scared to go to work. i just have this yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach (i don't mean the baby) that is there all day. i just want to cry. i don't have an appetite, i'm not sleeping well....ugh! i just want to feel normal again. my poor husband is so thrilled and i'm not even sharing in the joy with him right now. i'm scared i'm gonna feel like this the whole pregnancy. i just want to feel better now!

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:25 AM
It took me a long time in my first pregnancy to start enjoying it.so ur not alone I promise.just give urself some time to adjust and assess the situation.its a scary thing to realize its not just u anymore.I have been there and it does get better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
march11
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:28 AM

thank you for sharing ur experiences with me....its comforting to know i'm not the only one.

MNLETLE
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Being scared of everything doesn't sound normal. Scared to leave the house etc isn't really normal. I'd talk to your Dr. :-)

Quoting march11:

i'm scared of everything right now. i'm having a difficult time getting through my daily activities. i'm scared to be home alone, i'm scared to go out, i'm scared to go to work. i just have this yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach (i don't mean the baby) that is there all day. i just want to cry. i don't have an appetite, i'm not sleeping well....ugh! i just want to feel normal again. my poor husband is so thrilled and i'm not even sharing in the joy with him right now. i'm scared i'm gonna feel like this the whole pregnancy. i just want to feel better now!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:31 AM
You're very welcome.If u ever need to talk u can always message me.its good to have someone to talk to who has been there.GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peculiar420
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I did with my first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)