Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PETS GONE WILD

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

ugh i have 4 dogs and they are my babies and usually are so good and sensitive to when i need them to just chill out and lay low.. but ever since we started bringing in stuff for the baby and setting up her room, they are acting out like crazy. its not like i stopped giving them attention, but they are acting like jealous toddlers and just doing totally off-the-wall things that they haven't done since they were puppies- chewing on things, having accidents, my chihuahua even lifted his leg and marked his territory on the baby swing! i could have strangled the little a-hole! these are not puppies guys these are 3-4 y/o dogs who have been through training and KNOW the rules!! 

i have a feeling i am IN FOR IT. 

♥ Army wife - Dog lover - First time mom-to-be ♥

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Oh no!! Good luck with that... make sure to be super careful when you bring the baby home then!

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:05 PM
Oh wow I'm so sorry. I'd be careful if I were you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyD88
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM

they're not bad or dangerous... just immensely stupid. 

Quoting mrseckstein:

Ashpatch
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM

are the items u are bring home used? they may smell like another dog or cat and they are remarking since its in there home.

MommaBoop922
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM

lol yeah my dog is being stupid too... he has always been attached to me and when I got pregnant and we started moving things around he started marking my blankets and acting out in little ways... non of it is aggressive and I know he would never bite the baby or do anything terrible to the baby but he is almost acting like he wants everyone to know "hey Im still here" We just had to start making things a little more strict in the house so he knows that it wont be okay and it will have consequences and re enforcing the good behavior.  It seems to be helping.  GL 

Quoting EmilyD88:

they're not bad or dangerous... just immensely stupid. 

Quoting mrseckstein:

EmilyD88
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

nope. all brand new. 

Quoting Ashpatch:

are the items u are bring home used? they may smell like another dog or cat and they are remarking since its in there home.

mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM

wow.. hopefully they start adjusting!!!

starreyedcutie
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM
this happened with my two min pins when we had our first son. They peed on everything!!! It got so bad we had to find them new homes. It was insane, they were awesome dogs but as soon as the baby stuff started filling up the house they went bonkers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wildsissy
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

oops my chi was really good until I brought him home from my parents home after the birth... now he steps on the baby I think on purpose all the time.  He acts like she isn't even there.

Ashpatch
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

have they gotten any better?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)