Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is this?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've been experiencing these REALLY bad period like cramps, and spreading lower back pain all a.m. My back feels like somebody is kicking me, and my front feels as if I'm expecting a BAD period. I've dranken 2 glasses of water, and a cup of coffee since 9am (this is alot for me as I had gastric bypass surgery a year ago and my stomach is smaller then a normal stomach). I know I don't have a UTI...what else can this be.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
doulala
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM

How far along are you?

t.sevenish78
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM

35 weeks tomorrow.

Quoting doulala:

How far along are you?

clovismommy25
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Labor. That is what both of mine felt like. I had back labor. How far along are you?

TeamBrimee
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM
You might have a UTI. If you can't get to the Dr. today, AZO makes a test that you can take to see if there is infection in there. Then AZO also makes medicines to help relieve the pain until you see a Dr. Not sure if you have ever had cysts, but that can also be the issue. I have ovarian cysts that grow and pop which is quite painful. Just the other day I doubled over in pain from one that popped. It was the worst pain I ever felt in my life and was rushed to the ER. Also, if youa re taking any fertility meds like Clomid or Metformin, they have cramp side affects as well. I had cramps so bad during ovulation that I could barely walk. They lasted about 3 days. Good Luck. Hope you feel better.
t.sevenish78
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I've been on suppressants for reoccuring UTI's for the past 2 months, and get checked weekly for my UTI's. since I've been on my meds, and taking cranberry supplements, I haven't had any UTI's. Even when I had them, never had this much pain before. (I'm to a point where I'm almost in tears as it hurts so bad.)

Quoting TeamBrimee:

You might have a UTI. If you can't get to the Dr. today, AZO makes a test that you can take to see if there is infection in there. Then AZO also makes medicines to help relieve the pain until you see a Dr. Not sure if you have ever had cysts, but that can also be the issue. I have ovarian cysts that grow and pop which is quite painful. Just the other day I doubled over in pain from one that popped. It was the worst pain I ever felt in my life and was rushed to the ER. Also, if youa re taking any fertility meds like Clomid or Metformin, they have cramp side affects as well. I had cramps so bad during ovulation that I could barely walk. They lasted about 3 days. Good Luck. Hope you feel better.

jridgill
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Could be labor. Could be dehydration. I would call up at labor and delivery if it gets really bad. good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM
Could be labor or could be severe contractions. I would call your doctor and ask them for sure. GOod luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)