Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Vent* DH isn't doing nearly as much as I am now that baby is here....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

So our son is 17days old now.  I had a c-section and have been keeping up with the laundry, dishes and overall general housework since coming home with him as well as caring for him.  DH has focused a lot on our 5yo DD so she is not feeling so left out due to the demands of a BFing newborn.  Beyond spending x-tra time with her he really isn't doing much as far as upkeep of the house.  He will take the baby and change him or whatever but seems to pass him off to me the minute Gage starts to fuss.  Today I am super tired due to the baby not wanting to sleep after his night time feedings.  I have been doing laundry, changing sheets on the beds, gave DD a shower, dishes and taking care of the baby.  I just put our son down for his nap and DH has the nerve to be taking a nap with him!!!!  I'm super frusterated and when I comment he looks at me like I have 3 heads and says "what?  The baby is sleeping what's the problem?"  HOW ABOUT SOME HELP WITH THE REST OF THE CHORES AND SHIT AROUND HERE!!!  DH was helpful and understanding while I was pregnant.  Now that the baby is here he seems to think I should be okay with doing EVERYTHING.....I'm feeling much better but DUDE....I just had a c-section....help me out a little!!! 

Ugh....thank you for letting me vent :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Danotoyou2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Guys just don't get it!!

One thing to consider though... you have a newborn, and just had major surgery. Maybe now isn't the time to have high standards for housekeeping!! I'm not saying that HE shouldn't be doing it (because he should be helping you), but perhaps HIS idea of 'clean' isn't the same standards as yours. ;)

Just relax, let the dishes and laundry pile up... he'll do them eventually when he doesn't have clean underwear or dishes. LOL

housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

((((hugs)))) what would happen if you didn't clean? do you think he may look around and pick up some slack then?

serenity1104
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Quoting Danotoyou2:

Guys just don't get it!!

One thing to consider though... you have a newborn, and just had major surgery. Maybe now isn't the time to have high standards for housekeeping!! I'm not saying that HE shouldn't be doing it (because he should be helping you), but perhaps HIS idea of 'clean' isn't the same standards as yours. ;)

Just relax, let the dishes and laundry pile up... he'll do them eventually when he doesn't have clean underwear or dishes. LOL

LOL :)  I know but it drives me CRAZY to see things this way...we have a small trailer and when things pile up it shows.  Maybe I'm being a little nit picky but he isn't being picky enough.  That and I feel bad for him because he just went back to work, I don't want him to do everything...but something would be nice :)

Thanks

cjsix
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM

He needs to be told that the saying "Sleep when the baby sleeps" is for the mother NOT the father! You just had Major surgery...and whether a csection or vaginal birth...it is alot of work and there is much that your body needs to heal properly...mainly sleep and healthy nutrition.Our body repairs itself while we are sleeping....Tell him either you sleep when the baby sleeps or you sleep when he's there and the baby's up...lol!

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM
I completely agree with this. Relax a bit babe.

Quoting Danotoyou2:

Guys just don't get it!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)