Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone experienced this?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

First off, I am waiting on a call back from the doctor.  Just figured I would post to see what replies I get here since it's Sunday and I don't know how long it takes the on call people to get a hold of him.

I had my c-section on Wednesday.  I was just released from the hospital this morning.  Literally only been home like 2 1/2 hours.  Last time I went to pee (may be TMI) I noticed that my incision site was sticking to the top of my panties a little.  I got my little hand mirror to look and across an area of my incision (maybe an inch long or so) I am having a little discharge.  It's whitish/yellowish and kind of mucosy textured.  My incision doesn't appear to be coming a part and I don't have any more pain than normal.  I live on a 2nd floor apartment so I had to walk upstairs when I got home, could this just be from that?  I have pretty much been sitting down since I got home, nursed DD and she is napping so I am relaxing some.

Thanks for any input.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dolphingurl1286
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Mine used to do the same thing. Nothing serious happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Ive never experienced this.  So heres a bump!

pookie_1228
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Neither have I, and this was my 3rd c-section.  I called the doctor because it was one of the things listed on my discharge papers to call about.  Thanks for the bump =)

Quoting mrspreggers14:

Ive never experienced this.  So heres a bump!

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM
I did not experienced that I'm sorry here is a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I'm not sure but here is a bump.

angelmom224
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:00 PM

i dont know much about csections never had one but if you dont get a call back from the dr you could call l&b at the hospital and ask a nurse there they could let you know.

Gallivan07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Ok so I've never had a C-section and this is probably going to make you laugh but the other day I was watching Bringing Home Baby on TLC and the girl was having a lot of pain from her C-section.  She was also having the same discharge.  The paramedics came and told her that she could have discharge for up to two weeks and that's normal.  They took her in because she had pain above her incision and she ended up having a pulled muscle which she got from just walking around too much in the house so just take it easy and I'm sure you'll be okay.  Of course - it was a tv show (reality or not) so hopefully you're Dr. will call you back soon ;) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)