Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long after contractions started...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

How long after you started having contractions were in actually in "labor"? And how far along were you?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ashmarie08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM

i lost my mucus plug around 330.  and started getting contractions once that happened. i didn't go to the hospital around midnight and i was only 4cm when i got there.. i didn't have him til 236pm the next day via csection bc i stopped dilating. (we then found out he was almost 10lbs and facing the wrong way!)

jridgill
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I never notice contractions first. My water always breaks first.

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM
I have contractions now:) But with my son I never remember my water breaking but someone told me it might of happened when i was showering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Evans87
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Something like only 10% of women actually have their water break so I'm not counting on that happening. With my first I lost my plug and 45 min later was in hardcore labor. I never noticed contractions befor loosing my plug with her. I had her at 38 weeks via c-section because she was breech. This time im 32 weeks and went in Friday and had contractions 20 min apart. They feel like they are getting stronger and are about 15 min apart but it's hard to tell. I was starting to dialate Friday so who knows how that's going. I told my dr like a month ago I was pretty sure I lost my plug but he said it was to early so I don't even know if that's still there or not.

YoungMother1792
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:57 PM

40 Weeks along, went into labor on due date, gave birth following day after 21 hours of labor. I was in labor an hour after I first noticed them getting stronger

truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

mine started and I was in labor had him 22 hours later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)