Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I am 16 weeks pregnant and LOVE to sleep on my stomach...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 36 Replies

I am 16 weeks pregnant and LOVE to sleep on my stomach. It is very uncomfortable for me to sleep on my back, When should I stop sleeping on my stomach?

Thank you.big smile mini

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jussie1
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:10 PM

i have the same question lol i am 18 weeks and i still sleep on my belly i think the baby and our bodies will let us know when to stop

Audreesmommy757
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM
My doc said i could until it becomes uncomfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tay-Brittnie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:13 PM

My doctor says it doesn't matter unless you are overweight.  I'm 34 weeks and I still want to sleep on my stomach, because that's how I slept up until I got a bump (at abou 27 weeks).  I can't always because it's not exactly comfortable anymore, but my doctor said I can sleep however I want.  It's just better to sleep on your side for circulatory reasons.  I got a body pillow for when my boyfriend's not around though, and it does wonders to your need to sleep on your stomach.  I HUGGLES MY BODY PILLOW!  LOL!

jridgill
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:14 PM

When it's too uncomfortable then you should stop :)

deadpplrmyhero
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I'm the same way! I love to sleep on my stomach, and I had the hardest time sleeping on my back or side. I was paranoid that I was gonna squish the baby so I started by trying to sleep on my side and back mostly just so I didn't have to worry. I'm 28 weeks and 1 day today and they say at this point that it's bad to sleep on your back, but even I sleep on my side I wake up on my back. So now I feel that your body will wake you up if you are harming the baby, or at the very least you will shift while sleeping. This is my first pregnancy though so I don't know too much!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Amanda120486
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM

i forget when i stopped.. but pretty much when it started to hurt to. ur baby will let u know asa she/he doesnt like it

Bloomer1210
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I have always slept on my stomach. But, not anymore! My little boy kicks me and kicks me and kicks me until I roll onto my left side. My left shoulder is so cramped from sleeping in this weird (for me) position. But, at least I can sleep!

PTBAAMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

when ever you are not able to

chell.chell

I am 34 weeks and still sleep on my stomach. It is fine as long as it is comfortable and not painful for you. I just lay like on my side and stomach its hard to explain but the only way I can get comfortable [: 

crysi.314

When it gets uncomfortable; which is soon! I am a stomach sleeper and am 22 weeks pregnant. I can no longer sleep on my stomach. I haven't really been able to since I was about 18 or 19 weeks. Enjoy it while you can! lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)