Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm so nervous about having two small children!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have a one child already (16 months), and i am pregnant with my second child  and im 32 weeks. i am just really nervous about everything bc my first born is very clingy, she loves hugging mommy and daddy and being right next to us all of the time. The thing is i have no problem with that, i am just a little worried when the next baby arrives my first born will probably be jealous, and i don't want her to feel like mommy and daddy don't love her anymore. Has anyone had children this close in age, and what did you do to help your first born understand and still feel loved :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCarterof5
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Mine are pretty close in age, and frankly, it's never been an issue. My kids are so excited about this next baby due in 6 weeks, they ask every single day "When is baby brother coming out????" Just make the first one feel special, like you already do.

I also give my older kids special chores and things to do because "only big girls/boys" get that privilage. :)`

Photobucket

melinda_kirk
by Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM

BUMP! I am wondering the same thing. My DD is 18 mos old and I am 2 days overdue w/ DD #2.   I'm worried about jealousy and about me not having enough time & energy for both girls!!  I wish you luck!!

MichelleH86
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:53 PM

thank you mamacarter, that sounds like a good idea with the chores! :). and melinda i am hoping for the best with my two! :) they have a great father that helps me out a lot! and i am thankful for him, but i know how attached my first daughter is to me

nmasar
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Thank you for posting this question, as I am also wondering the same!  My daughter will be 16 months when the little one is born and I am very nervous!  She wants me to hold her all the time now and I can't imagine how it is going to be when the baby comes!

MichelleH86
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

well im so glad i am not the only one! :)

Jonathan101909
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM
This :)

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

Mine are pretty close in age, and frankly, it's never been an issue. My kids are so excited about this next baby due in 6 weeks, they ask every single day "When is baby brother coming out????" Just make the first one feel special, like you already do.

I also give my older kids special chores and things to do because "only big girls/boys" get that privilage. :)`

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shi_ree
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM
Its hard sometimes I was very scared at first I had my first child at 19 then got pregnant with my 2nd at 20 but had him at 21. Well with my first child I had to be mommy and daddy bc his dad knocked me up and left when I was 5months along. That was fine bc I took responsibility as daddy too. Well I had my 2nd (his daddy is around) and when we brought my 2nd home to my first son he was so excited all he wanted to do was hold his new brother kiss hug him love on him and even help try and change diapers LOL wellllll now my middle one is 2 and my oldest is 4 and I have a a 2month old dd, and my oldest understood I was pregnant this round finally, and my 2 year old had no clue why mommy got fat lol, welll he loves sissy but when he gets tired of her he tells us take her back no more sissy take her back LOL its funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM
My son will be 20 months when my new baby boy will be born.I am a SAHM and I am still freaking out.I am scared to death.lol.but I know it will work out one way or the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RadMama08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I don't know the feeling, as I have a 10 yr old then this one due in Sept, but I would think that any child under age 2 doesn't really understand, and won't really remember. It will be like all they can ever remember is growing up with a sibling. I would think that because they don't understand, jealousy wouldn't be an issue especially if you still give them everything they need. Sorry if it sounds jumbled. I know what I'm saying but guess I can't get it out right.

Someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, as I do plan on having another baby 2-3 yrs after this LO is born, and would LOVE to start understanding toddler behavior with baby siblings now.

allycat82080
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I worry about that as well.  I am having my son on Friday and my daughter will by 14 months.  She's very clingy to me but I think everything will be all right.  She loves to lift up my shirt and point to my belly like she knows what's in there.  She loves babies and that's what I tell her is in there, not that she really understands, but we'll just have to see how it goes when we bring him home from the hospital. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)