Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any body ever have luck inducing labor with intercourse?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM
  • 19 Replies

Has anybody ever had any luck with intercourse inducing your labor? adult content

I am 3 days past due and my hubby and I have been trying to speed things up by having intercourse but the only thing that ever happens is that I get these major contractions that literally feel like back labor! I get pain in my abdomen, lower back, hips and thighs. The contractions are even regular at 3 min apart for hours but then they gradually go away. "False labor" I hate going thru that pain for no reason. We are going to attempt a 3rd time but i am a little nervous. Hopefully the pain will lead to someplace this time. I have been having contractions all day long so maybe this last time will do the trick. Has this happened to anybody else but then eventually worked? Let me know your story and or your thoughts. Thanks a bunch ladies!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I dunno if it was sex but, we had sex and I was in labor about 2 hours later. 

Brittany.Dann
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM
Try having him massage your feet and ankles. You could also try eating some spicey food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GavinMckaysMama
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I tried it many times with no luck LOL

college.mom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I went into labor when my husband went down on me.  With my second I went into labor after good hard sex...probably TMI lol.

doulala
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Your body is telling you it's not yet ready.    (If it were you would be in labor now / postpartum.)

It can help to nudge a mom who is teetering on the brink of labor anyway, maybe.   But not going to take a non-ready pregnancy and turn it into active labor...   mom needs to be "ripe" to accept the nudge.

It can be hard physically (going through all those contractions and then they stop), as well as emotionally as mom gets her spirit drained and confidence depleted. 

;- /

Why are you working on this now, do you face a medical induction?

housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

It's worked 2 out of 7 of my births :-) Good luck!

mojob85
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:46 PM

With my 1st it helped speed things up, my 2nd not so much, and with this one I am not due until November....so, we will see....LOL!!!

JanetElizabeth
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Lol! Omg! Well let me tell you that I tried both, 1 right after the other and the only thing that happened to me was what felt just like back labor with contractions 2 to 3 minutes apart for three hours but then nothing!!! But great for you! Maybe we will try that again!

I went into labor when my husband went down on me.  With my second I went into labor after good hard sex...probably TMI lol.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Not on purpose LOL My first son was born 6 weeks early and the only cause they could find for the preterm labor was having sex the night before.

JanetElizabeth
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Well I am very uncomfortable. This is my second pregnancy and it is very close to my last one, therefor my muscles arent as strong as they were and the baby has been sitting extremely low for a long time and it is panful to walk or sit, not to mention i pee every time i have a braxton hicks contraction which is a lot every day. I am 3 days past my due date and i am 3 centimeters dilted. needless to say I am ready!:

Your body is telling you it's not yet ready.    (If it were you would be in labor now / postpartum.)

It can help to nudge a mom who is teetering on the brink of labor anyway, maybe.   But not going to take a non-ready pregnancy and turn it into active labor...   mom needs to be "ripe" to accept the nudge.

It can be hard physically (going through all those contractions and then they stop), as well as emotionally as mom gets her spirit drained and confidence depleted. 

;- /

Why are you working on this now, do you face a medical induction?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)