Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am scared to go home!!!! Need some advice!!! ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I posted 5 days ago about how I am having a placental abruption. I have been in the hospital for those five days. The doctors said that they see on my ultrasound that I am bleeding behind my placenta. They said they want to keep me in the hospital five days after I stop spotting, and yesterday was the last day so far that I noticed any blood when I wiped. Here is what is starting to scare me and make me not want to go home. I know hows serious this is, I had one with my son at 32 weeks also. So I know how bad it an get in seconds, and this scares the living hell out of me. I dont want nothing to happen to my little guy, or myself, my son needs his mom. And right now I feel like with them waiting to deliver me, is like playing a game of Russian Rulet with our lives and I dont want to take chances with my sons life. So I am going to talk to the doctor and see of it is really safe to keep me pregnant with an abruption and to send me home, and what is the chance that my placent a will tear off completely. If they cant give me a straight answer do you think it would be wrong of me to ask to be induced??? They gave me the steroid shots on Wednesday and Thursday just in case they delivered me. Oooh I just turned 33 weeks today. I really need some advice right now, so please no bashing me!!!

 

***UPDATE***
I talked to the doctor today, and he says that with me spottig  for all most three weeks that they are probably going to induce, but by the way he was explaining to me they are leaving the decision to me. He said if you are a person who likes to take risks, then you will wait, but you don't want to take any risk then we will induce. So all I have left to do is talk with my high risk doctor about the risk of me staying  pregnant and still spotting, and the risk of me delivering right now. Thank you ladies for all of the support, it really meant allot. I will update again once I talk with the high risk doctor.
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3blessingsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

At 33 weeks your still walking a fine line with your lil ones development. Its a very hard situation that you are in and I am so sorry you are going through all that. I hope the doctors give you some better answers that make you feel better about the situation. GL!

kleigh24
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I would just ask the doctor and make sure what the risks are of you going home, I dont think they would send you home if it could kill you or your baby. I hope it all works out for you. keep us updated please

GavinMckaysMama
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I had this at 15 weeks! It was also placenta previa. It slowly moved up from my cervix and the bleeding stopped. I delivered at full term. Tell your Dr how scared you are. I would think that early theyd not want to deliver him and monitor you at all times. You shouldnt leave in my opinion. I hope things are ok.

norahsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I would be scared too.  I would want to stay at the hospital until its safe to deliver.  I would talk to your doc about that. 

mojob85
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I think you should do what you think is best for you and your baby. I hope that everything works out for you!! Good luck hun and keep us updated!! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!! :)

minnie99q
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM
with everything going on i dont think u should be induced the concration could hurt the abruption i dont know anything about this but would it possibly be better to do a c section???????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I would try to hold out a little longer if you can. Good luck!

Stormy6669
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I am shocked they are sending you home. I have placenta accreta and have been in the hospital since 32 weeks. I am now 35. I hate being here but  it is the safest place for baby and I. Hope you get the answers you need. Good luck!!!!

AJsMommy1105
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:01 PM

If at all possible try to hold out on the induction for a few more days. I deleivered at 33 weeks, and my baby was fine. I had received the steroid shots about a week before I had him. I would talk to your doctor about the risk of staying pregnant and going home and the risk of delivering now. After you talk with him decide which option is better for you and your baby. Good Luck mama! You are in a tough spot. Just try and stay calm and do whats best for YOU and the LO!!

LuLuThatsWho
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM

I would be scared to go home, too.  Talk to a doctor about your options... Staying in the hospital, being induced this early, etc... If you have a good team of docs, they will want you to be comfortable with whatever decision is made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)