Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you come up with your kids names???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM
  • 28 Replies

Are they named after someone or was it a name that you fell in love with and named them that??

Would you consider the name you picked traditional or unique??

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MetalMamaBB
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I would consider my son's name traditional - it's Collin. I fell in love with it and it was in my top 5 for boys names. It also works because my husband and I met, fell in love, got married and concieved our son in a city named Ft. Collins. I didn't realize this until after we decided on Collin but it works and was meant to be.

sandra.g.h
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

We just like the name Alayna and her middle name, Rayne, is from my mom's mddle name (Lorraine). If she had been a boy she would have been named Damian Scott. Damian because we like it and Scott after my boyfriend's younger brother.

lilmommakiser
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:55 PM

my first is Grace Elizabeth which is after my Grandma and Elizabeth her dads mom

My second is Cheyenne Rose. I asked my inlaws what they would name a girl if they had one and they both said Cheyenne. They havnt been together in 20 years so it was so cool... they dont know that they both said the same name.

ANd my boy on the way is Earl Charles and that is after my hubby and my hubby's Grandpa

mommynewc
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:10 PM

My kids names all came from music.

My oldest was supposed to be named Kai which we got from a Bob Marley song but in the hospital my hubby said he did not like it so we named him Brandon Kai (I am still a little mad about this 7.5 years later...lol

Bradley came from the lead singer of sublime.

Ruby came from a song called Ruby soho by rancid

Penelope (Penny) Came from a song called pretty Penny bu stp.

CeeLee85
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM

eenie meenie miney moe and pin the tail on the donkey

munkiebaby
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM

makenzie, nevaeh is my daughters name i saw the names in a baby book and fell in love with them. and as for baby number 2 thats on its way we have yet to find the gender out i amonly 7 weeks right now

whttigr0
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM

1st- Steven Andrew named after both grandpas (Steven Carl, Alvin Andrew)

2nd- Brandon Carl named after grandpa, uncle,  grandma (grandpa & uncles middle name is carl, grandmas name is carlene)

3rd- Alannah Rochelle middle name is after my best friend who died when I was 17, her first name we piced cause we liked it then found out its the female version of Allen which is her dad and grandpas middle names.

4th- RaeLynn Marie middle name after me, grandma, aunt. first name is just cause we liked it.

5th- Ryan Michael just liked the name

6th- Emily Jade just like the name

7th- Jamison Reid (my angel) liked the name

8th- Veronica Mae like the name (waiting for her arrival)

With each of my kids their names came to me while sleeping. I never looked up the different names to see what I wanted to name my kids =)

baby growth
J-Lynn82
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:23 PM
My son David is named after his daddy..Jayla is from Americas Next Top Model lol I just loved the name..My daughter Kenedi's name was given and spelled by my hubby's mom...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegHPand3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:29 PM

we name ours after dead US presidents :) seriously, we have Harrison (Benjamin Harrison and WIlliam Henry Harrison), Pierce (Franklin Pierce) and Jackson (Andrew Jackson), and are pregnant with baby #4 we are looking at Hayes for a boy (Rutherford B. Hayes) or Monroe or McKinley for a girl (James Monroe, or William McKinley)

lovengrace
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:20 AM

My daughter's first name is after daddy (erica) her middle name, shorten that of my name ( chianne ). So erica-chianne it is. Traditional

My expectant little one (if it's a girl) will be named after her big sister erica. "Erianna" again you see a part of mommy & daddy name twined in. So it works out :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)