Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WAY TMI, but very curious/kinda worried...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

as the title says, this is very tmi... but it is pregnancy/birth related. I'm just over 32 wks. I'm very constipated lately, and yesterday, had trouble going #2. I pushed so hard that I kept (what I think) squeezing urine out of my bladder like 3 different times. If so, yeah that would mean I most likely have weak pelvic floor muscles... I am a bit worried though that pushing so hard for a BM could cause a leak to occur in the amniotic sac. As far as I know, I'm not at risk for pre-term labor, but could a leak happen like that?!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
starreyedcutie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM
i like you had the same problem a few weeks ago, i called my dr and was told to take a 50g colace tablet a day and OMG HAS IT HELPED. I havent had a problem since. Colace is a stool softener. I bet u were pushing urine out not amniotic fluid cuz i was doing the same thing. Seriously go to the store tonight and take one of the colace tablets and you should be able to go just fine tomorrow...it worek awesome for me!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Oh wow. I don't know but here's a bump never had this happen to me.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM

I don't think it can but i'm not an expert.. However, pushing so hard like that can lead to hemorhoids so be careful of those, they SUCK!

Ati_13
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM

It's called double voiding and it's normal.  it was urine.  The bladder doesn't completely empty sometimes, especially during pregnancy (because of the pressure the baby puts on it), and so when you put extra pressure on it with straining more comes out.  It doesn't mean your pelvic floor is weak at all, because your pelvic floor was relaxed trying to get the poo out :)

It's really all normal, i don't see anything to be worried about.  Up the fiber in your diet and make sure to avoid eating too much constipating food (bananas, dairy, etc).  Get enough water!  A gallon a day.  And Colace is a good option too if you find that getting enough fiber doesn't work for you.

RadMama08
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:08 AM

thx for all the replies!! I feel better now.  :D

krystel.justice
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:11 AM

It's double voiding. Happened to me with my last pregnancy.

grapejelly
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:23 AM

sounds like urine to me.  i second getting some colace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)