Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant Brides

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 37 Replies

Did you get married when you were pregnant?

I did! We set our date and decided to get married 2 months ago (May 25th) and found out before we were married we were pregnant with number 2! I had decided not to cancel the wedding and we just went to the justice of peace:) My shoes hurt so bad that I decided to get married barefoot and pregnant!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM
I almost did. When I was engaged the first time I would have been five months pregnant. We had already set the date and I just decided to go on with it. I wasn't really showing anyway. But he dumped me two weeks before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOPearl
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I was about 6 months pregnant when I got married. We had been engaged for a while, so no, we didn't marry simply because I was pregnant. We married on the beach around 6am with 12 friends and family members. It was really great :)

ready_for2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM

nope, i didnt want to be pregnant for my wedding. we got married when our son was a year old

Zawifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:31 PM

yes! we found out we were expecting shortly after getting engaged. i was a little over 4 months prego on our day! no one knew till the day after when we started to tell people lol

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

When we were pregnant with our first son and decided to get engaged we didn't know we were pregnant with him yet. Announced we were engaged! So everyone was excited. We found out a week or so later we were pregnant with DS1! EVERYONE kept saying we were doing it so my child wouldn't be a "bastard' so we wait to prove them wrong. So again last year around thanksgiving we annouced we'd be married in May. We weren't changing it this time. Found out in March area we were pregnant. I'm like heck with it who cares wat they think! Why do people think you're getting married just because you got pregnant. So sad.

Quoting MotherOPearl:

I was about 6 months pregnant when I got married. We had been engaged for a while, so no, we didn't marry simply because I was pregnant. We married on the beach around 6am with 12 friends and family members. It was really great :)

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Haha I should of done what you did not tell anyone but I started to show early. I was 16 weeks I think pregnant than?

Quoting Zawifey:

yes! we found out we were expecting shortly after getting engaged. i was a little over 4 months prego on our day! no one knew till the day after when we started to tell people lol

Tabitha21
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Yup! I am getting married august 14th!

ACsLady
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

No, my hubby and I were both virgins on our wedding night. I got pregnant 10 days later though...

06NavyWife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:38 PM

We got pregnant 2 days after we got married! lol Had he not been across the country I'm sure we would have gotten pregnant before we got married!

housefullofkidz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:42 PM

I was engaged. If we got married the 1st date we set, I would have been 8 months pregnant. We decided to get married after the baby was here. She was 4 months old then. I too went barefoot!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)