• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hairstyle help please!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  • 24 Replies

So I am a bridesmaid in a wedding next week and I need help with my hair. I am looking for something that is half up half down or something that looks like it is down but it isn't. The trouble is I have really long hair (like down to my boobs) and I am cherokee, so my hair is flat, flat, flat. It does not curl and there is very little body. I need something to frame my face without making me look more swollen then I already am. HElp!! Here is a picture of my current hairstyle (it's just a bit longer now) so you get the idea of what I am working with. Thanks!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shellie830
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Does it hold a curl at all?

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Oh, and the wedding is in California so it is going to be really hot and dry and the dress I am supposed to wear is really top heavy looking. Damn bridesmaid dresses!

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Nope! I've even tried using special curling serums, professional irons and even setting the curls. No dice.

Quoting shellie830:

MrsReed09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Your hair is like mine. I have no idea how to help you. It's so frustrating.

Quoting abra:

Nope! I've even tried using special curling serums, professional irons and even setting the curls. No dice.

Quoting shellie830:

housefullofkidz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Loopy stuff like this is good because it doesn't need to be curled. Then maybe you can do half up and half down??.

wedding hairstyle updo How to Create Popular Updos for Weddings that Can Easily Transition from Day to Night

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:40 AM

at least I'm not alone! :-)

Quoting MrsReed09:

Your hair is like mine. I have no idea how to help you. It's so frustrating.

Quoting abra:

Quoting shellie830:

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:41 AM

That is pretty. I'm doing it myself ($$ reasons) and while I have some experience, I'm not sure I'm that good. Hmmm...

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Loopy stuff like this is good because it doesn't need to be curled. Then maybe you can do half up and half down??.

wedding hairstyle updo How to Create Popular Updos for Weddings that Can Easily Transition from Day to Night

housefullofkidz
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:56 AM

It's actually very easy hun. Just wrap your hair around 2 or 3 fingers making a circle with it. then pin it in a few places per " curl".  You can totally do it!!

Quoting abra:

That is pretty. I'm doing it myself ($$ reasons) and while I have some experience, I'm not sure I'm that good. Hmmm...

Quoting housefullofkidz:

siggi1bmp-1.jpg picture by us5dots

shellie830
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Wedding hair styles 3Now I'm gonna try to find lots for you!

CafeMom Tickers
shellie830
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)