Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well....Just got home from the hospital (((UPDATE))) PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:45 AM
  • 15 Replies

So I was diagnosed with SPD on July 1st. It has been an unbearable excruciating pain and has been slowly getting worse and worse. I went to L&D again today, and my pubic bone has shifted so much it has crippled me. I go to Physical Therapy every week and they are now gonna be sending an In-Home Health Care Nurse to help take care of my kids :( until delivery day. I never thought the pain would be this bad. And now they have me on Demerol 3x a day.

My biggest fear is the pain not going away after she's born, and they have even said I may need another surgery to repair and re-align my pelvic region.(said some women still have problems a year out from delivery???) They def do not want me birthing her naturally. Said she would break my pelvic region if she tried. I can't wait for my C-section. I'm ready to get her off my bone and start feeling normal again.

Has anyone had issues with SPD?? And how severe were your cases??

Please say a prayer for me.

Oh and I am still contracting. They were every 5-7 minutes but not painful yet...Hoping she hurries up and lets me dilate. If I make it to 1cm I will get my C-section asap. She is around 6 lbs now which is great considering I had the steroids for her lungs on July 1&2nd after I went into preterm labor.

EDIT: Okay so today's appt went well. Had a few contractions as always about 15-20 minutes apart. And they checked me and I'm 1cm !! Yay. Now they said the only way to bump my C-section up is if I make it to 2 or 3cm. So now I'm just trying to stay positive and praying for a good outcome. This pain isn't getting any better and I feel horrible just lying around all day. Hoping once she's out the pain will subside but it doesn't look that way. I may need another surgery to realign things and that is a scary thought :(

As for home remedies, I tried the Black Cohosh/cotton root...doing it every 12 hours. It's supposed to get things going so we'll see. If I can at least make myself contract regularly they can move surgery up...

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

C-section On August 31st !!!!!!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebel_mommy09
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Sorry momma. Hope you get some relief soon!

Jess0915
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:59 AM
Good luck mama, I'll be praying for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindseyKate
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:02 AM

praying

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:03 AM

THANK YOU.....I def need the prayers and good vibes sent my way. :(

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM

BUMP!

minnie99q
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 AM
good luck momma lol i would sa walking helps but maybe not in your situation so just good luck sending good c section dusst your way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM

ive had severe SPD in both my pregnancies that resulted in children. with my son the pain and everything started at 16wks. from 16-38wks i was on and off partial bedrest taking care of young twins (they were only 22 months when my son was born) my pelvis shifted to the left as well and still never once did i hear anyone mention csection. not even in the research i had done about SPD. my son, with whom my SPD was the worst with, was a vbac baby. Vaginal births are very possible even with the worst spd.

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Yea I know it's possible but I don't want a vaginal birth now. I'm having a repeat Csection regardless and getting my tubes tied. There is no way I would push her out and cause more damage.

Quoting lundaylove:

ive had severe SPD in both my pregnancies that resulted in children. with my son the pain and everything started at 16wks. from 16-38wks i was on and off partial bedrest taking care of young twins (they were only 22 months when my son was born) my pelvis shifted to the left as well and still never once did i hear anyone mention csection. not even in the research i had done about SPD. my son, with whom my SPD was the worst with, was a vbac baby. Vaginal births are very possible even with the worst spd.

lundaylove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM

just letting you know. birthing does not cause any more damage to it than a csection would. its pregnancy that damages it. your body is producing too much relaxin, causing your pelvis to stretch and seperate too soon, nothing you do will stop that but give birth and doing that via csection wont make it any better or worse than a vaginal birth would.

Quoting YoRkIeMaMa2009:

Yea I know it's possible but I don't want a vaginal birth now. I'm having a repeat Csection regardless and getting my tubes tied. There is no way I would push her out and cause more damage.

Quoting lundaylove:

abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM

praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)