Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question about child support! BUMP PLEASE.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM
  • 19 Replies

its kind of a messed up story but...my BD is my neighbor. hes also got a girlfriend, and shes pregnant. but shes only 13. shes due about 3 weeks before me. we arent friends or anything. and i dont want BD in my sons life because my SO is going to take his place. but i was talking to BD's girlfriend. and she wants to break up with him because he cheated on her with me. and she told me that if she files for child support before me, that hes not going to have to pay me. hes just going to pay her.

i asked my parents about this..im only 16, keep in mind. my dad has 4 kids and hes got to pay for all of them.

i just need to know if what she said is true!?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkey6987
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:44 AM

You'll still get paid. I've heard whoever files first gets more, but I don't know if that's actually fact or just a rumor.

alexsmommy1234
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:54 AM

BUMP!

meghs822
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:01 AM

youll both get it. i know a guy who pays 300ish to his first kid and 600 to his second, its income based, not first come first serve. they have a set amount they have to leave him with and divide up the rest based on income, age, custody, etc. and fyi you cant just cut him out because you want someone else to take his place

stellarluna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM

no, every parent is responsible for ALL children they create...  he obviously hasn't learned the proper use for a  condom, and he has to live wiwth the consequences and so do you, unfortunately!  even if he has 31 kids, he pays, and you don't have a right to keep him from his child if he wants to see him... you have to be a little pickier about who is the father of your children so you don't have to worry so much about this.  Some of us have to learn the hard way, huh? 

Congrats on your new baby, and I wish you all the best... you have a tough road ahead of you!  It can only make you stronger!  Blessingsm

addavis06
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM

No that's not true.... if he has 2 babies then he supports 2 babies. It doesn't matter who files first for support.

stellarluna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM

not true, but they can adjust amounts as more children come into the picture. 

Quoting Sparkey6987:

You'll still get paid. I've heard whoever files first gets more, but I don't know if that's actually fact or just a rumor.

clari85
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:08 AM

PP is correct.  It doesn't matter how many children a man has.  He will definitely be responsible for supporting all of them.

Quoting stellarluna:

no, every parent is responsible for ALL children they create...  he obviously hasn't learned the proper use for a  condom, and he has to live wiwth the consequences and so do you, unfortunately!  even if he has 31 kids, he pays, and you don't have a right to keep him from his child if he wants to see him... you have to be a little pickier about who is the father of your children so you don't have to worry so much about this.  Some of us have to learn the hard way, huh? 

Congrats on your new baby, and I wish you all the best... you have a tough road ahead of you!  It can only make you stronger!  Blessingsm

Mommap87
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Shes a full blown liar. My daughters sperm donor pays on 4 different kids by 3 woman. So shes smoking crack.

Mrs.Evans87
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:19 AM

NO it is not true. He will have to pay for both kids.

cadlecr4
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:21 AM

the ladies on here are right. He will have to pay for all of his kids. Not just the first one that files.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)