Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fighting in front of ur kids

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

we all fight or yell or anther thing in front of our kids. how do u fight so they dont know what is going on? 

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LSurvivor78
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:38 AM
I try very hard to not do any arguing in front of kids. Insist on going upstairs and speaking quietly.. Or even outside if needed. Kids don't need to hear or know about any fighting, imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EMLMomma
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM

There's a certain way to do it?!?! LOL! At our house, we just let it all out, but our kids DEFINATELY know we love each other!! That's just the way we are.

MommaBoop922
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Im still waiting on my first but I was told by someone who is like a mother to me one of the best things you could ever do for your children is to take your fights somewhere else and not let them see you arguing b/c its bad for them to see it and so they dont see where the divides in your relationship are (esp. when it comes to a fight about the children).  Plus my parent fought in front of me a lot before their divorce and it sucked so I dont want that for my kids :/ 

Ill do my best though I know its easier said than done sometimes!! 

stace217
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I have fought in front of my kids before and I absolutely hate it. :( It's just one of those things where you get caught in the moment & you just want to get it out and fix the [problem].. and you don't even stop to think, Oh we should probably be doing this out of earshot of the kids. 

But I am trying to make a conscience effort these days because it truly bothers me when my kids see it.

Daeraelle
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM
With my parents, we saw it all. No one is perfect, every couple has arguments. But at the same time, we also saw how much they love each other. It's a part of normal life. They've been married for thirty six years now. I love my parents, I'm not mad with them because I saw them yelling. I wouldn't worry so much about the arguing, but more about keeping the subject matter low key. If it gets heated, the kids are going to hear it, unless they're visiting grandma or grandpa for the afternoon.
starrymonkey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I don't.  If it looks like we're going to get in an argument and we can't get away from DS (in the car or something along those lines) - I'll generally make it clear that we'll have the conversation later.  We usually wait until DS is in bed to discuss any issues - and we do it out on the porch where he can't overhear us.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)