Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swaddle blankets- must have or waste of money?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM
  • 17 Replies
Swaddle blankets-must have or waste of money?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monichella71787
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:08 AM
I never used one. So I don't know if they are a waste. I do know they aren't necessary.

My ds hated swaddling. he still hates to be covered up at 11-months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stace217
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I always swaddled my babies so for me they were nice to have! :) 

DanielleMason
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM

My Mom bought one for Calirose when she was in the NICU for when we brought her home cause she loved it so much..so of course she didn't use it at all...I do have one for Jaxsen but with him being born in the summer not sure if we will need to use it or not...

nomadbrat83
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM
I don't like the ones where all you have to do is put baby in and velcro. We preferred swaddling dd1 with flannel receiving blankets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stace217
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Quoting nomadbrat83:

I don't like the ones where all you have to do is put baby in and velcro. We preferred swaddling dd1 with flannel receiving blankets.

This is what we did too... I never had the velcro kind.

mommytam
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM

dpends on if you have a baby that likes to be swaddled. My oldest never liked it to muh, My younger liked it for a while. and DD likes it, but don't look like for long. It helps them sleep better so they don't wake themselves. DD sleeps to long if I swaddle her. well it seems like it anyways.

bensmum25
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Depends on your baby, my son loved it, but my friends son hated it. I'd invest in some nice ones, like Adan and Anais swaddle blankets that can then be used as regular blankets as well. They are sooo soft, and breathable. I love them. GL

Alishia655
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM

DD absolutely HATED being swaddled. I now use her small recieving/swaddling blankies for burp rags.

MomToovey
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM

My DD loved being swaddled! We had those blankets on her almost 24/7 for the first 3-4 months of her life. We still use them now (she's 18 months) without actually swaddling her - to keep her toesies warm at night without having to worry about the suffocation hazard of regular blankets

JenMarieRN
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM

A MUST!!!! it was the ONLY way DD slept through the night.  The nurses at the hospital showed us different ways to use the swaddlers which was super nice!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)