Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you pay $200 to find out the gender of your baby at just 10 weeks?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

I'm very tempted! For me, the worst is the suspense of what the gender is and waiting for that ultrasound. I found a dna test that tests your blood and tells you if it's a boy or girl. it's accurate. unlike all the fun tests like intelligender or the cabbage test and so on. but man..200 bucks! I dunno if I can really justify that. lol

Froat rike a buttuhfry, sting rike a bee!

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hrivera5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:36 AM

No I wouldn't...I am pretty patient though in general :)

The ultrasound date will come faster than you know...just start yourself a countdown or something :)

super_mom_5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM
i wouldnt do it. It was hard for me to wait too. But it was worth the wait. I find out on tuesday ill be 18 weeks. Im so excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I think doing a countdown makes it worse lmao. I'm only 6.5 weeks haha

Briannimal
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:38 AM

No, it comes too soon after (hopefully)....

I did pay $80 at 30 weeks, because even at 20, his umbilical cord was between his legs!!! =P

FHCrossyfxxxx
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM

No 10 weeks is too soon.  You could be given a girl result at that stage just because everything hasnt 'dropped' yet so to speak.  I would save my money and wait :)

mommytam
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM

No I would not do it.

abstractmommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM
No. I had a nuchal ultrasound at 12 weeks that was very accurate. I'd do that instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srose73
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Not for 200 bucks. I have 4 kids already, so I guess that excitement in spending that type of money on things like that, has never really been there. I'd rather put it towards the new baby stuff or save it for a rainy day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Evans87
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I wouldn't but only because I kinda like the wait. It gives you a milestone to look forward to.

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:47 AM

No. We found out with both kids. The next one (many years from now lol) will be a surprise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)