Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know real ways to get labor started.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

I'm 39 weeks today and ready to be done. I haven't had one contraction or any indication of labor.  I know the old wives tales anyone have any that work. 

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
missjadal
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:52 AM

dont do castrol oil...ew...i tried it and i was sick all night long!!! im nauseated, and its definately a laxative lol

saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM

you're body will let you know when it's going in labor. just lots of walking will help bring the baby down and possibly start softening your cervix and dialate. lots and lots of walking. Good luck! I wish I was 39 wks

Hrivera5
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I know that time works really well LOL...other than that everything that is said helps some, but not others...not really reliable.

saralouise
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM

ooh I forgot to add, a friend of mine started doing squats when she was over due and her water broke and went into labor lol

Megara
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I did every single one (even castor oil) and my baby was born at 41 weeks 5 days.  I don't think anything will put you into labor if your body isn't ready for it.  Some things may encourage your body along, but nothing is a sure thing.

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM

Real + safe  =  walking and sexual activity of any kind...     (the more orgasms the better)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)