Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd C-Section Questions

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ok so I am insanely bored in the hospital right now so I figured I'd ask. I am havin my 2nd c-section *YAY* in February. My DD who is 18 months was born Feb 11th via c-section this baby is due Feb 16th. Yes 5 days apart. Now, my clinic schedules c-sections 7-10 days before the due date which if we went 7 days then thats Feb 9th or earlier. I guess I dont know when I want it done b/c either way I am screwing my daughter since she wont have her own bday month anymore. Would you do it 2 days before your first borns birthday or earlier? Im just nervous that she'll be mad at me! haha I know and realize exactly how stupid i sound lol.

Oh and I have been told that most 2nd timers had great experiences! Im thrilled bc my first one was SUPER easy. I had Ellie at 8:39am on Wed and was home by 8am on Friday. I never had alot of pain. So did ur 2nd go as easy as the first? Oh and you can TRY to scare me but it probably WONT work

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca_bullard
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:35 AM

My 2nd was easier. More calm and relaxed.

As for bdays... thats a tough one. I dont know what Id do.

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Quoting rebecca_bullard:

My 2nd was easier. More calm and relaxed.

As for bdays... thats a tough one. I dont know what Id do.

I honestly loved my c-section with my daughter. I think b/c I knew what to expect (I was there for my friends c-section and my cousins) I wasnt as scared of the unknown kwim. I just hated with a passion the epidural. Since they didnt know how my body would react to the spinal they played it safe and because my child was being stubborn they had to push a ton on my stomach and I ended up throwing up. So this time its a spinal for me YAY

I feel like I have kind of screwed both my kids in a way because either way their birthdays will be days apart. Ugh.

ZoiesMyPwincess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I have having my second on Tuesday and I can't wait! I am so excited and not even stressed out or anything its so nice!!!!  I had a great experience with the first c-section so I hope I have the same this time! I think if possible I would make it as far before her birthday as I could or even better after but I dont think that is an option lol I would feel the same way as you!

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I would wait as long as possible for baby's sake (if possible), even if that meant sharing a b-day.
Here, we have b-days one day apart and it's really very fun!   :-)

I hope you aren't in the hospital too long~    good luck!

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Quoting ZoiesMyPwincess:

I have having my second on Tuesday and I can't wait! I am so excited and not even stressed out or anything its so nice!!!!  I had a great experience with the first c-section so I hope I have the same this time! I think if possible I would make it as far before her birthday as I could or even better after but I dont think that is an option lol I would feel the same way as you!

Yeah my OB doesnt schedule them after your due date. Im not thrilled with it being 10 days before so i'd probably aim for about a week which would be the 9th. *sigh* damn kid had to be concieved the same time as his/her sister haha and damn my body for not allowing a vaginal birth..........ok secretly i love it who the hell am i kidding

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Quoting doulala:

I would wait as long as possible for baby's sake (if possible), even if that meant sharing a b-day.
Here, we have b-days one day apart and it's really very fun!   :-)

I hope you aren't in the hospital too long~    good luck!

Ideally that would be great to wait as long as I could but I am high-risk and under NO circumstances am I allowed to go into labor. So waiting till the last moment and having me go into labor would be bad. I have a VSD (hole in my heart) and yes it was repaired in 87 and patched again in 99 but it appears that my DDs pregnancy weakened my heart muscles and my patch this will be my last pregnancy :(

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:55 AM

When you weigh the risks and see that waiting is too dangerous, you might want to do it as soon as you can.    But will a few days make a difference on your end?   (it can for baby)

Good luck!

kaygarcia97
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Quoting doulala:

When you weigh the risks and see that waiting is too dangerous, you might want to do it as soon as you can.    But will a few days make a difference on your end?   (it can for baby)

Good luck!

I 100% agree its better to wait for the childs sake but when I had El I was already contracting in fact the morning of my c-section I was in early labor. My heart-rate was thru the roof and they had to sedate me almost to the point of knocking me out completely to deliver her under the best circumstances. I would love to wait till say Feb 16th to deliver but I also want to see my child and I would like to be alive to experience it to. I guess I can see where your coming from its def better for the babys health but killing me to give them a few days isnt a smart idea either right?

doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM

No--   that is the "weighing risks" part.     Thankfully you are able to get this help so you can do what you need to.

RJSMOMM
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:10 PM

My first 2 c-sections were awesome.  I would just have the c-section when the doctor schedules it.  And in the future it will be so much easier on the birthday parties.  My kids are born in June, February and December.  So it 3 different parties a year which with the way the economy is ... it gets expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)