Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else HATE Braxton Hicks ctxs?!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM
  • 5 Replies

I've just rounded the corner of 32 weeks (5-10 more to go!!!) and the Braxton Hicks are driving me crazy! I've had them since week 21, and they've always been annoying, but lately... 

- I'm having more of them, more frequently. Between 2 and 3 yesterday, I counted 9, one right after another.

- They're starting to really be uncomfortable. Previously, they'd just tighten up on my right side... now, they feel like they're squeezing my whole uterus (particularly my bladder!). 

To add insult to injury, I've talked to a lot of women who say they AREN'T experiencing them. What gives?

Can I hope to be optimistic and think that my uterus is being an overachiever and pumping itself up so well for the big day that I'm just gonna pop the baby right out as opposed to enduring a grueling labor for hours upon end?  :)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JenMarieRN
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I HATE BH TOO!!!!!! I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow had I have had then since 24w.  At times they get "organized enough" to require terb. YUCK!!! I get them all the time especially after work, I'm a cardiac nurse so there is no "taking it easy" when I'm at work and this baby does NOT like me working so it makes things interesting to say the least....I can't wait for October!

charlene_x
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM
I never got with my first but this time around (I'm 28 weeks now) I feel them more and more everyday. I was in the car yesterday and I had about two, my SO was wandering why I was ignoring him... I was like "just...wait...can't...talk!!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I never really got them with my first two pregnancies, but I am getting payback with this one. I am 27 weeks tomorrow and I've been having them consistently for about 2 months several times a day. Thankfully, though, mine aren't painful, just uncomfortable.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
joybugdarlin
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Glad to know I'm not alone, lol :) 

maybebaby83
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Never had a single one! I have no idea what they feel like!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)