Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Moms who have had a Cesarean Delivery.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM
  • 39 Replies
Hi beautiful mommies! So, I'm pregnant with my first baby, 37weeks along with Anabelle Grace. :) This entire pregnany I've been planning and preparing for a vaginal birth. I've had complications of preterm labor and some minor pre eclampsia but baby and I are very healthy. My Dr. Thinks the baby is already between 7.5 and 8 lbs and ordered an ultrasound for Tuesday to see how big she is. She said depending on that, she may want to do a Csection. In all honesty, that terrifies me. I've known several women whose incisions have become infected and the recovery seemed difficult. I'd really like to know how was the experience for you? Do you have any advice? Thank you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KandiApple2987
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I loved it. It was very easy for me and I recovered within like 3 weeks, alot quicker then I did w/ my vaginal delievery which took 3 months for me to recover.

Danotoyou2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I had a c-section, and my advice: don't do it.

There's no accurate way to predict (a) the baby's size, and (b) your ability to birth any size of baby.

You won't know how far your pelvis will open, until it opens ON ITS OWN (not from an induction, because often the body doesn't respond to that properly and the pelvis doesn't open as far as it will in a natural delivery).

I'm 5'4'', and prior to pregnancy was a size 2. I had my first via cesarean and he was 9 lbs 6 oz. The only reason he was a c-section was because I had BAD pre-eclampsia, and my doctor was a douche who overdosed me on meds that made me and my uterus so sick that we couldn't continue laboring. My second son was a vaginal birth, and I pushed him out in less than 15 minutes of serious pushing... and he was also 9 lbs 6 oz. 

I would refuse the cesarean and any inductions, and go into labor on my own. Labor at home as long as I could before going to the hospital, to limit the meddling they can do. :)

mommybug77
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Every time was different. I never had an infection & recovery was not overly bad. I will hopefully be having my 4th c-section in early March.

hurleydoll18
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Ultrasounds are NOT reliable when determining the size of the baby.  They are often off by a few lbs and can be off as much as 5lbs.  If you don't want a C section, you do not have to have one.  It is YOUR decision.  Your OB can give you crap about it but they cannot make you have one.  Even if your baby is big, that doesn't mean you can't have a vaginal birth.  Women have been giving birth vaginally to big babies for thousands of years.  I would turn down the C section and go ahead with your original plans. 

I have never had a C section nor do I ever plan on having one so I can't tell you any personal xperiences.  Good luck

soon2bemama2008
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM
My c section was great. Super easy recovery. I was up cleaning walking and everything within 1 week. I had no problems with my c section. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soon2bemama2008
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM
My c section was great. Super easy recovery. I was up cleaning walking and everything within 1 week. I had no problems with my c section. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I have only had natural deliveries, but have some info I could pass along.

What's going on with your pre-e?     Are you (have you been) working on this?

Most cesareans are avoidable, so finding other ways to deal with the complications that lead down that road can be...    everything!

;-)

JessicaBays
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM
I really want the experience of trying to birth vaginally. I realize my Dr is trying to make it easier on me, but I think I may fight it a little, and a LOT if baby is not that big. If I do have to have a csection, I just hope the recovery goes well. I've heard such mixed reviews of "I loved it" and horror stories. I'm very nervous either way I deliver as this is my first baby. We shall see how the ultrasound goes Tuesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortysashious2
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

My advice is, take the meds as prescribed.  Relax and enjoy baby.  I've had 2 and my second one was hella worse but I think it was because I didn't get good enough meds.  It took me about a week to recover to where I could walk around just fine and another week I was back to myself completely.  That first week was very tough for me because I had my staples in the entire time and they were ready to come out!  My tummy is still sensitive and I'm 6 weeks post partum.  C-sections suck but it won't be so bad as long as you take the pain medicine!  Good luck and congratulations!

stellarluna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM

my advice is to decline on the csection... I haven't seen a clear reason in your post why it's necessary.  I gave birth to a 8#2 oz baby no tears and home... minor pre-e???  tell him you want a vaginal delivery... best for you, best for baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)